View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I don't consider you anything less than a brother. And I'm not angry, but you are in the wrong on this.

Because of your personal, unresolved animus toward Evangelist Benincasa, you took it upon yourself to poison the well in regards to Rev. Ike. You went to a new member and decided it was your job to set thing in order. You didn't allow Rev. Ike to ask his own questions, to determine for himself what he thinks of EB, or go about his business in whatever way he pleases.

If you had left it alone, and not opened your keyboard, Rev. Ike would likely have continued on as a member, since he gave no indication of leaving until after YOU attempted to roast EB over the coals.

Then, in full indication of your complete ignorance, you went further into things you had no idea about regarding Chris/Aquila/Antipas. Where was your discernment? How do you call someone out for not being discerning enough when you weren't discerning enough to realize Antipas was Chris/Aquila?

Beams and motes, brother.

So I reproved you for your wrong, and it had no effect whatever. None. Instead, you continued in your scorn for EB, still wanting to show him up for what you perceive to be his lack of discernment, while you clearly don't have any.

And now, you demand answers. This is hubris, plain and simple. Your bias and anger toward EB has blinded you and allowed you to feel justified in your behavior. You are not justified one bit. You owe Rev. Ike an apology for poisoning his well and chasing him off, even if he never comes back here to to see it.

Is Rev. Ike Chris? None of your business. However, Rev. Ike has spoken for himself and EB has openly stated Rev. Ike is not Chris. So what more do you want? A pound of flesh?

Now, how is the discernment at your local church? You are anti-tithe in a church that preaches tithes as mandatory, right? You are anti-monarchial bishopric in a church that has a monarchial bishop (that is, a senior pastor), right? You are anti-tongues are THE sign or evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit in a church that believes that speaking with other tongues is THE sign or evidence that one has received the Holy Spirit, right?

So, if you want to be concerned with anyone's discernment, why not aim your concern at your local assembly and church leadership? Because either they are completely clueless as to what you believe and have no idea that there is a major dissenter in their midst, or THEY ARE NOT.

Either way, that should be a lot more concerning to you than whatever EB can or cannot discern.

Capiche?

With all due respect brother, what business is that of yours?

There are tons of people that attend church, sit week in and week out listening to a pastor give his opinions to the church members, they soak it in, write him a check, and go home. Week in, week out. With zero time for dialogue of the scriptures, because layity has nothing to offer clergy when it comes to rightly dividing the word. That’s why visiting preachers holler at the pew people to “Tap yourself on the chest and say my man a God! Or “wherever your man if God is, there where the ark of the covenant is!” Or “It’s not up to you to question the man of God!”
So, instead of studying and debating what’s right on a forum, I guess you just figure they ought to tuck tail and go to a Trinitarian church, or a totally against tongues church, c of c that don’t believe in the miraculous, right? Is that what you do? I’ll tell ya, no it’s not what you do. You keep studying, you discuss on line with other believers, and do your best to try not to call dissension where you attend, while still being a BEREAN. Searching the scriptures to see if what you’re hearing is accurate.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-08-2019 at 10:32 PM.