View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Re: Dottie Rambo Killed in Bus Accident due to Sto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
A friend of ours had a copy of the album. He played on one of the songs. His name is Jack Sizemore and his brother, Joe David Sizemore, was pastor of the Carthage Apostolic Church when that album was made. The Sizemores knew Dottie when they were kids in KY.

A friend from the computer group I am in made a CD from the album. It was recorded from the record onto a CD so the quality is not perfect. It has 13 songs on it. The first 7 are by the Gospel Echoes and are: Get on Board; Nothing; Lazarus; I'm Longing to Go; Teach Me, Lord, to Wait; Our Debts Will Be Paid; and Love is Why. Then there are 6 songs by the Christian Chapel Trio (the Jezierskis). Their songs are: Because of Him; It's Different Now; His to Command; When I Move; Until Then; and Room at the Cross. I was not going to that church at the time the record was made. We started there in 1963 or 1964. The Jezierskis used to come down from Michigan (Flint, I think) and sing at anniversary services when we were going there.

If anyone wants a copy of the CD, you can PM me with your mailing address and I can burn a copy and send it to you. Like I said, the sound is not perfect. The first copy was made from an album that Jack had and it had a lot of snap, crackle, and pop noise. He found another copy of the album and borrowed it and I had a cd made from it and it is better.
Ahhh...so this is a different LP than I have. The one I have has the choirs I mentioned and The Gospel Echoes, plus the Christian Chapel Trio, Edwards Quartet, and Gene Price.

It is an AMC sponsored project...

Side note: Fred J played for my mom and dad's wedding...not sure if he's from Flint. Seems to me she said they were out of Bro. Traxel's (sp.) church in Detroit.