View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: Any Message Believers Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Branham argued that Genesis reads Adam knew Eve and she conceived and bare Cain and then again bare Abel. He said one "knowing" but two kids. So the serpent was the father of Cain, not Abel.
Genesis 4:1-2 KJV And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. (2) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
But that is a very flimsy argument. It more plainly implies Adam begat Cain since it mentions Cain right after we read Adam knew Eve.

Then he said Seth was born in the likeness of Adam which it did not say of Cain...
Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
But it never said it of Abel, either!

He claimed when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees that they were of their father the devil, it was literal as though they were from Cain, child of satan. However, EVERYONE is of the devil before they are saved.
His argument was based on this scripture:
John 8
41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

So Branham's arguement was "why would the Jews say they were not born of fornication when Jesus said the devil was their Father?"

What do you guys think? Why did the Jews answer that way?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)