Old 12-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Re: The born again experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
His NAME is Jesus!

"Except a man be born of water and of the SPIRIT, he cannot ENTER into
the kingdom of God."

Is that the scripture to which you refer? There definitely is an "entering into", but
NOT without the Holy Spirit. After being led out of Egypt, the Israelites SAW the
Promise Land that side of the Jordan River; however, they did not enter in because
of their unbelief. Their unbelief only allowed the Israelites see SEE the Promise Land.
According to my reading of John 3:3, they had a choice to make after hearing
the spies' testimony, and they made the wrong one!

But please feel free to show me the scriptures to point out my confusion.

Brother Villa
As I said, my opinion is based on the scriptures, and not a single scripture as your response seems to suppose. The born again experience is scripture wide. It seems that you are trying really hard to make the exodus experience match the new birth verbatim. Perhaps a truer old testament picture is found at the base of mount Sinai where acts 2:38 was first preached. Here, the first covenant had been delivered, just as the second covenant was delivered at the outpouring of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. Following the delivery of that first covenant, my Lord says:

"An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee."