View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:15 PM
crakjak

Re: Honest Abe was not so honest??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sister, the Emacipation proclamation did NOT "free ALL the slaves". And while Lincoln certainly wanted slavery to end, his motive was not that of "racial equality". I presented historical facts to you and you completely ignored them. Thanks to Lincoln, states that once would have had sovereignty on a wide range of issues (health care,definition of marriage, school prayer, energy exploration, education, etc etc) no longer do. But I guess that's OK with you that a zillion injustices were heaped on the States and people so as long as the one injustice of slavery was abolished. The end justifies the means, right?

Furthermore, Lincoln did not "preserve the Union". The union that the Founders created was a voluntary Union between the States. The Union is no longer voluntary. Ultimately a few black robed Marxist judges are the law of land. They get to decide what the Constitution means from day to day, the original intent of the Framers be damned. And they will rubber stamp the edicts and laws passed by politicians whom they agree with ideologically. At one time that States would have simply ignored any unconstitutional law or edict passed. Now the States have a knife to their throat. They have become creatures of the Federal Government instead of creators of the Federal Government. You have Abe Lincoln to thank for getting that ball rolling.

Lincoln destroyed the Union and replaced it with a consolidation.
So If we had fifty completely individual states doing what they each chose to do on every issue, we would have had paradise? Perfect harmony....., and its all Lincoln's fault that we have the mess we have today??? I not sure that would have been a better road, for us to have traveled.

BTW: I am not a sister.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org

Last edited by crakjak; 04-13-2014 at 11:18 PM.