View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Re: Look For Me In the City DUMP

Sister Cupples and everyone...

I so much covet your prayers. I have a great of confidence in the power and the undergirding strength in the prayers of the saints.

There is very little literacy in Honduras which is the second poorest country in the Western Hemispehre. This is so remarkable since public school education is free for all children to attend. But why is there so much illiteracy?

While the education is free, pencils and tablets are not. In this nation where the average household income is less that $1200. PER YEAR, the average child cannot afford the pencil, the tablet, a ruler or a protractor and such mundane things so necessary to facilitate an education. Therefore, they cannot afford to get an education.

I INTEND TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT! My God, what the power of a coveted pencil or a treasured tablet can do to transform a child and give him/her a futurre. Some of you might would like to be a partner with me in making a difference in the lives of these little darlings who, without you and I have no hope.

Just stop and think about it. Then pray, maybe the Lord will lay it on someone's heart to partner with me in helping a child get an education.