Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: Brother Lee Stoneking's Preaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Your not wrong in what you said, all that's a 100 % correct. It's 90 % stories 10 % word and saying 10 % is being very generous.
How's the view from the cheap seats?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:02 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
. . . in this very thread I post my views on a Brother Stoneking sermon[s]. Through the years I have tapped him on various items which he has dropped the watermelon. But, let me explain, I know we have so many in forums and Christianity who are defenders of Truth. Who want to be washed and clean, who defend candy stick doctrines to the death. Also those who will fight like wolves to tear down traditions held by Apostolic Pentecostals with justifications that these traditions are man made.

Yet, where does it get them? Oh, spending hours in circling the drain called religion on the internet? Discussing and critiquing what each other believe is good thing. I have that of my own self, by people who love me and people who hate me. It is all good, and needful. My main point here is that this place isn't church, it isn't a congregation church family. Yes, some of us have been posting for years together, even where we know each other on a first name basis. We have learned to love each other, and also to avoid each other. Again, this is not a church. Yet, in churches a Brother Stoneking is a VISITOR. The elders, the pastor, the church family, regulate what they want to keep and what they want to discard. Because they are in a church family with ministerial governance, all under one head, Christ.

Brother Stoneking preaches about NASA seeing the New Jerusalem coming towards the earth, or voices from Hell in Siberia. Then that is the job and discretion of the ministry to shut it down or pass it around. So, making a picture of a golden calf with Brother Stoneking's name on it? Funny, maybe, but let's see someone do that with the brother's pastor.

Anyone understanding me?

I'm serious, even preaching from preachers you know and love dearly can be found a whoops. My friend, Brother Charles Mahaney ( no longer with us) said some things that made me raise an eyebrow. Same with some other preachers who were in high positions. Also i was told some Whopping Jiminy Crickets over a meal at a few Cracker Barrels. But that is what fellowship, and ministry is all about. Brother Stoneking isn't going to change because of my critiquing his stuff, or me creating a meme concerning him. I call a spade a spade, anyone who knows me knows that real well. But, should he be covered in tar, with feathers, and ran out of the movement on a rail? No, pray for me, pray for him, pray for the movement, and pray that someone CLOSE, RESPECTED, to him, speaks to Brother Stoneking about filtering and researching things he tosses over the pulpit. Like Votivesoul mentioned, Brother Stoneking loves to get Pentecostals to worship, and especially he LOVES the NAME of Jesus. Those are good things. Brothers Charlie Mahaney, Irvin Baxter Jr, Marvin Treece, might of hit some stumps, and dropped some watermelons, but they love, and loved Acts 2:38, and the Apostolic movement. I have had my differences with these brothers, but I would rather have them on my side in a fight, then an Army of Trinitarians. By all means critique, examine, but remember some of these brothers keep the main thing the main thing. Someone posted that Brother Stoneking has catches his beating due to the long uncut hair holding authority power over angels. I would agree, but in Florida there has been that teaching here longer than Brother Stoneking.
I appreciate you Bro Benincasa. It's obvious you care about people.

I know you have a deep love for the Word and the truth, and you also have a love for the ministry and the body of Christ.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

I only posted the picture because apparently and EB this has nothing to do with you, but he has papal infallibility with some. And that was just addressing those defending tge antics. Because in the end that's what defending these antics are, raising him up to idol level.

When this was never about him personally. But it kept getting turned personal about him in the first place. I believe in uncut hair angels and all that, but none of this was about any of those things. All of this was behind him having integrity and stop preaching someone else's stories. Even if he was talking first hand stories it would be better then for decades just saying whatever is clever.

CC 1 is correct on this one this isn't about anything but having integrity. Nothing else. Not because anyone being conservative or liberal, but just about some one telling false stories. Stoneking included, but he isn't the only one.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
How's the view from the cheap seats?
If that's all you got to say well that's because you know it's right.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I only posted the picture because apparently and EB this has nothing to do with you, but he has papal infallibility with some.
Papal infallibility? That would be totally up to the ministry which preach him. He is an evangelist, in the circuit rider sense. He could say over the pulpit that fireflies are the lost souls of unbaptized individuals. But, the ministry in the church he is speaking at are the ones who give the thumbs up, or thumbs down. You do understand that. If Brother Foofoonick comes to your church family and your pastor allows him pulpit time. It is up to your pastor whether what the visiting brother preached was a keeper, or a sleeper. Your pastor is the stop and go for anyone who steps in the pulpit. No papal anything.

Quote:
And that was just addressing those defending the antics. Because in the end that's what defending these antics are, raising him up to idol level.
Again, that would ultimately be left up to the pastor. His thumbs up or thumbs down is what matters with the church family. If you have Sister Foofoofnick or PeePaw holding any preacher up to idol status then that is up to their pastor to deal with those types of issues.

Quote:
When this was never about him personally. But it kept getting turned personal about him in the first place.
That's just the way it is. If you say that someone is teaching damnable heresy, then the first partaker of the fruit is the one teaching it. Therefore logically they are damned because they are the ones teaching the "damnable heresy. So, eventually it comes down to a personal level.

Quote:
I believe in uncut hair angels and all that, but none of this was about any of those things.
But, that is one of his cardinal sins. A whole thread was set up filleting Brother Stoneking over just that thing.

Quote:
All of this was behind him having integrity and stop preaching someone else's stories. Even if he was talking first hand stories it would be better then for decades just saying whatever is clever.
There are a lot of preachers who do it. They take these stories and pass them around. 4 blood moons, 88 reasons, gold fillings, portal over Brother T.W. Barnes' motel room.

Quote:
CC 1 is correct on this one this isn't about anything but having integrity. Nothing else. Not because anyone being conservative or liberal, but just about some one telling false stories. Stoneking included, but he isn't the only one.
Bro, then Brother Lee Stoneking would have to knowingly be stating lies as truth. Then it has to be personal. If he knows that what he is saying is false and made up, then that would be a big problem.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If that's all you got to say well that's because you know it's right.
No, I say it because it's easy to sit back and criticize ministers like LS.

I don't idolize LS, but I do appreciate his faith, his love for God and his devotion to prayer and fasting. And I have been uplifted, challenged, encouraged and blessed by his messages.

Do you preach? Let's hear some of your messages so we can critique and cut you down.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Elder Stoneking preached at the Anchor church In San Diego years ago, my wife before we got married got permission to meet at the church and attend his service. I still like Elder Stonekings preaching!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Saved by Grace

I am amazed at what preachers some of y'all will give a pass to, and what you reject and call demonic.

LS claiming the whole nation of Fiji quit cutting their hair, Osamas 40 wives hiding out in a cave all were baptized and spoke in tongues, using witches as evidence to back up his own superstition on hair, and his very misleading reporting about preaching at the United Nations, his fake degrees, and just a host of red flags about basic honesty and integrity. Not just "dropping the watermelon". Anyone can make a mistake, can misspeak, make a human error. This guy has repeated fanatical stories (some would say lies) over and over again for years and taught outright heresy on the hair issue. I don't get it. And really I'm surprised of all people it's EB and ND supporting this.

This is what isolates your movement. It's a club, and within that club anything is justified as long as it comes from a trusted source.

I would have hoped DKB would have cleaned up this kind of stuff. I think he's very reasonable, but for whatever reason never made the move to reign in the extreme people associated with the UPC.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post

This is what isolates your movement. It's a club, and within that club anything is justified as long as it comes from a trusted source.
As if that doesnt describe every other movement on the planet. You're not in it anymore, get over it. Sweep your own porch. Etc etc etc.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Lol