Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-15-2020, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Have you ever lost confidence in leadership?

This is where we are at, we have lost confidence in the leadership spiritual abilities. Has this ever happened to you? If so, what did you do?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:43 PM
New User

Re: Have you ever lost confidence in leadership?

I stayed. Then I left.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

A pastor once told me "You do whatever it takes and go wherever you need to go to make sure your family gets and stays saved."

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Stand on the word of God. And if that takes you down some rocky roads stand on the word of god. I have lost fellowship twice in the last 20 years due to the comprising in churches.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
This is where we are at, we have lost confidence in the leadership spiritual abilities. Has this ever happened to you? If so, what did you do?
I have to say this, not one person on this forum can answer that question.

Now, I'll give you the reason, because we aren't there. We all have had our situations as the years rolled on through our own private Pentecost. You have a load of different factors going on that you know about intently. You and your wife watched everything go down, and most likely discussed it in detail. But we don't have the foggiest idea what you are all going through, because it is you guys living it. Yes, yes, we can all wax philosophically, and give some gold nuggets of Word Aflame wisdom, which might sound ok. But it all boils down to you, your wife, your leadership, and your Jesus through the Holy Ghost. Prayer shawls and all, one has to be sensitive to mercy, and work through this all with love. Always remembering that it's you who has to be the bigger kid in the sandbox. Never let it get to the point that you are going to take your bat and ball then go home. Again, I don't have a clue as to what your issue is, lost confidence in your leadership's spiritual abilities???
Is that like your player level is higher than his? You see my brother, I don't know, I'm not there. But you are. I'll pray for you and your wife. But, don't jump out of the plane without having a better place to land. Like the old Hobbit said, out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'll be praying for you in Jesus name
Old 10-15-2020, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
For as many are led by the Pastor, they are the sons of God.

Let me try again . . .

For as many as are led by the presbyter, they are the sons of God.

It’s still not right . . .

For as many as are led by the general superintendent . . . Nope.

One last time.

Rom.8

[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

To answer your question, I have been disappointed in leadership. I have never been disappointed in the leading of the Spirit though. We have bought into the leadership of the pastor doctrine. We pray that he is led by the Spirit, so that we can follow him and therefore be led by the Spirit as well, as a sort of indirect or second hand leading. And we are disappointed? And we blame the pastor. But we are ultimately responsible.

I will quote this scripture again. I have noticed that people get offended by this scripture. They think it cannot possibly mean what it plainly says.

1Cor.11

[3] But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Everyone believes that Paul had a lapse in judgment and neglected to include the pastor in the chain of command (headship) here. So we put someone between ourselves and Jesus. Because we are like the Israelites. We want a king . . .

And sometimes we are disappointed . . .
Old 10-15-2020, 10:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
For as many are led by the Pastor, they are the sons of God.

Let me try again . . .

For as many as are led by the presbyter, they are the sons of God.

It’s still not right . . .

For as many as are led by the general superintendent . . . Nope.

One last time.

Rom.8

[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

To answer your question, I have been disappointed in leadership. I have never been disappointed in the leading of the Spirit though. We have bought into the leadership of the pastor doctrine. We pray that he is led by the Spirit, so that we can follow him and therefore be led by the Spirit as well, as a sort of indirect or second hand leading. And we are disappointed? And we blame the pastor. But we are ultimately responsible.

I will quote this scripture again. I have noticed that people get offended by this scripture. They think it cannot possibly mean what it plainly says.

1Cor.11

[3] But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Everyone believes that Paul had a lapse in judgment and neglected to include the pastor in the chain of command (headship) here. So we put someone between ourselves and Jesus. Because we are like the Israelites. We want a king . . .

And sometimes we are disappointed . . .
Hooray! That's it, God is your head, He is your covering, wow, I bet Truthseeker didn't know that. But Tithemister figured it out, Truthseeker's problem is that he sees the leadership as his king and god.

Man gotta love these forums. Who needs to go to church, and have preacher king take all your money when you can get baloney here for free!

Tithemonster, you got issues.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I have to say this, not one person on this forum can answer that question.

Now, I'll give you the reason, because we aren't there. We all have had our situations as the years rolled on through our own private Pentecost. You have a load of different factors going on that you know about intently. You and your wife watched everything go down, and most likely discussed it in detail. But we don't have the foggiest idea what you are all going through, because it is you guys living it. Yes, yes, we can all wax philosophically, and give some gold nuggets of Word Aflame wisdom, which might sound ok. But it all boils down to you, your wife, your leadership, and your Jesus through the Holy Ghost. Prayer shawls and all, one has to be sensitive to mercy, and work through this all with love. Always remembering that it's you who has to be the bigger kid in the sandbox. Never let it get to the point that you are going to take your bat and ball then go home. Again, I don't have a clue as to what your issue is, lost confidence in your leadership's spiritual abilities???
Is that like your player level is higher than his? You see my brother, I don't know, I'm not there. But you are. I'll pray for you and your wife. But, don't jump out of the plane without having a better place to land. Like the old Hobbit said, out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'll be praying for you in Jesus name

Thanks brother. I am not asking for direction specifically for us, but if it ever happened to others here and what did they do. Ultimately, we must pray and make our own decisions. There's a lot deeper issues than prayer shawls. I really appreciate the prayers, we will be needing them.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Spiritual abilities as in moral purity? Or as in doctrinal purity? Both?
Old 10-16-2020, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hooray! That's it, God is your head, He is your covering, wow, I bet Truthseeker didn't know that. But Tithemister figured it out, Truthseeker's problem is that he sees the leadership as his king and god.

Man gotta love these forums. Who needs to go to church, and have preacher king take all your money when you can get baloney here for free!

Tithemonster, you got issues.
I said people are offended by the passage about headship.

EB just proved me right . . .

AGAIN