Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Of Current Interest
Facebook

Notices

Of Current Interest Last minute deals and bargains. By Apostolic Friends being affliates, you can save here.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Vaccine Mandate is First Purge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Im obviously outclassed in this discussion and I guess Im having to re evaluate some things. I feel like you've just handed me a license to be what Id used to consider a complete jerk...but theres so many facets to all of this.

Maybe not to you but there is to me....because if this is legit...Im looking at some major changes I need to make not only for the sake of myself but for others.

It would seem that the unconditional forgiveness is just a way to be taken advantage of...kinda like Rules For Radicals...I dunno...I need sleep.

Remind me not to get on your bad side. 😂

Please forgive me if I have.
You're not outclassed, and there is nothing to forgive bro!

There is certainly no license to be a jerk for Christians. But perhaps we've all been taught a false definition of what a "jerk" is.
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
(Lev 19:17-18)
We are not to bear a grudge against our neighbour, but that doesn't mean we need to be everybody's door mat either. I think if we learn to separate our feelings from the idea of forgiveness (by understanding what forgiveness actually refers to, as the release of a debt that is owed) then we can avoid falling into the two traps of either holding grudges or allowing sin to go unchecked. We also avoid trying to live up to impossible standards that God never intended. It's nice to be Sweet Pea who wouldn't dare upset the flies in her window, but that's not really practical for most of us. On the other hand, Oscar the Grouch is no model for a saint, either.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Sorry, I don't see it. Never forget doesn't mean never forgive. We've never forgotten Pearl Harbor, it doesn't mean we didn't forgive the Japanese. We've never forgotten WWII, it doesn't mean we didn't forgive the Germans. We can forgive and still remember.

If a man punches you in the nose, you can forgive him. But the next time he approaches you, will you just forget that he ever punched you and give him another chance to do so again, or will you keep your distance so he doesn't have another opportunity?
As far as Pearl Harbor, WWII, and all the other wars that America desires. And when I say “America” I’m talking about those that control the agenda that America has been on.

John 17:15-16
[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Believers are not of this world, we may live in this world, but we are not of it. The ways of this world are moved by lust, greed, fear, etc. We as the Church fight against those spirits in spiritual warfare.

Our government is corrupt and has been for many years, in my opinion since the beginning this government has been corrupted. We have to separate the kingdom we are suppose to be a part of and the kingdom of this world.

Long story short, I don’t feel the need to forgive Japan or Germany for there part in WWII. Just like I wouldn’t expect a person from Guatemala to come up to me and forgive me on behalf of the US. Since in the 1940s we used them as human experiments as the US injected them with STDs.

Now, as far forgiveness doesn’t mean to forget. This is hard, and if I’m wrong the Lord can correct me. The Bible teaches us

Ephesians 4:32 KJVS
[32] And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We are told to forgive as God has forgiven us! Jesus is our example on how to forgive.

Luke 23:34 KJVS
[34] Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

On behalf of men that didnt even realize what they were doing, Christ while on the cross was asking forgiveness for those men.

With the example you gave, if the man came back to you and asked forgiveness for punching you, and every time you saw him you stiffened up, have you forgave him? Does God forget our sins, or does he just forgive?
Old 09-14-2021, 07:17 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Now, as far forgiveness doesn’t mean to forget. This is hard, and if I’m wrong the Lord can correct me. The Bible teaches us

Ephesians 4:32 KJVS
[32] And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We are told to forgive as God has forgiven us! Jesus is our example on how to forgive.
Technically, it says we're to forgive one another. The entire chapter is addressing the body of believers specifically, not everyone in general.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Technically, it says we're to forgive one another. The entire chapter is addressing the body of believers specifically, not everyone in general.
Matthew 5:43-48 KJVS
[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so?
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Christ commands us to love them that not only love us, because the world does that already. Yet, were to love them that hate us.

In my opinion you cannot love with unforgiveness in your heart.

If we have unforgiveness then this parable speaks volumes to my heart.

Matthew 18:27-35 KJVS
[27] Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
[28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
[29] And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
[30] And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
[31] So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
[32] Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
[33] Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

[34] And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
[35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses

Does this mean that if we forgive not, then our Heavenly Father pulls up our debts and reconsiders the forgiveness he gave to us?
Old 09-15-2021, 04:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post

Does this mean that if we forgive not, then our Heavenly Father pulls up our debts and reconsiders the forgiveness he gave to us?
Addressed here ---> http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...5&postcount=24

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

If someone repents you should be merciful and forgive.
If someone repents but can’t do restitution, so the debt can’t be paid back, you should be merciful and forgive and count it as paid.
If someone doesn’t repent, leave the vengeance to the Lord.

That’s all Bible, and if you are familiar with it you can find verses for it (at work right now, can’t search verses)

Sometimes I think the emotional hurt is not necessarily unforgiving heart but lack of trust in God.

Interesting experience: once someone did wrong to me, and instead of fight it in anger I left it in God’s hands, for reals, and I had peace, even when dealing with the one that did wrong.
However, after a while, God showed me that the person that did “wrong” actually was innocent and it was just the result of circumstances, and he did what was sensible at the time.

Last edited by coksiw; 09-15-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Newsom defeats the recall vote… the next day LA announces vaccine proof for anyone eating at a restaurant, going to a club or bar, or attending a sports game.

Cali deserves all it gets.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:51 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Newsom defeats the recall vote… the next day LA announces vaccine proof for anyone eating at a restaurant, going to a club or bar, or attending a sports game.

Cali deserves all it gets.
Assuming the results can be trusted. There's been several reports coming out of people going to vote in person, and being told they've already voted.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Assuming the results can be trusted. There's been several reports coming out of people going to vote in person, and being told they've already voted.
It would have to be even more massive than the POTUS election. CA's results weren't even close. Nearly 30 percentage points separation. It was a landslide for Newsom.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I totally agree!