Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Re: is McCain the Lessor of Two Evils?

YES,
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Carl, McCain is a womanizing phony who walked out on his family for some floosy. While Obama may have a different philosophical approach to his politics, he's got far more character. McCain's mentally unbalanced and a deadbeat husband and father.
How exactly has McCain been a "deadbeat father?" You're just making stuff up now. McCain's not my guy, but it's for reasons.

You're the one who's coming across as "mentally unbalanced" when you just throw accusations out there.

If McCain paid alimony to the "ex," then he's not even a "deadbeat husband." Philandering flyboy, maybe; but I haven't seen him do anything that qualifies as a "deadbeat."
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
And as I have already pointed out today, you as a democrat voter, have absolutly NO Right to make the point.

Sorry buddy. I love you and all, but No democrat EVER gets to speak on the issue of morality in politics. period.

We conservitives can choose to have the discussion if we so desire. Your team has forfitted that right.
ChristopherHall is a "Democrat?" Ask him about how Mary Jo Kopechne's health care was handled after her little car accident in 1969.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
How exactly has McCain been a "deadbeat father?" You're just making stuff up now. McCain's not my guy, but it's for reasons.

You're the one who's coming across as "mentally unbalanced" when you just throw accusations out there.

If McCain paid alimony to the "ex," then he's not even a "deadbeat husband." Philandering flyboy, maybe; but I haven't seen him do anything that qualifies as a "deadbeat."
Sir, Chris is not allowed to have this discussion with us. Please do not engage him with morality discussions about republicans. He isnt allowed on that part of the playground.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Sir, Chris is not allowed to have this discussion with us. Please do not engage him with morality discussions about republicans. He isnt allowed on that part of the playground.
I have made a note of this and will conduct myself accordingly. Thank you for your kindest instructions and regard.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
And as I have already pointed out today, you as a democrat voter, have absolutly NO Right to make the point.

Sorry buddy. I love you and all, but No democrat EVER gets to speak on the issue of morality in politics. period.

We conservitives can choose to have the discussion if we so desire. Your team has forfitted that right.
As I said before, I've only voted Democratic three times if you count local elections. I'll comment where I like.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Dobson is pulling support....where else will he go? Thad votes Democrat, but not Obama. McCain is touted as being too liberal, yet Thad won't vote for him either.

As "Liberal" as some might think McCain is and if one wants a conservative President...is there really any other choice that will make it to the office? It's sad that we might have to vote for someone just because other third party candidates have no hope of winning anyways, but there is one big issue I see here that historically has often had a balance.

What tends to balance things out is when one party rules congress or the senate having an opposite president could balance it out.

Having differing viewpoints might make for a lot of disagreements but at least it presents an opposing voice to test whether or not what the other side wants is good for us. Without opposition we might as well have a dictator.

Witha strong democrat representation in congress and the house I think America needs a Republican president no matter how "un conservative" he might be in some minds.

It might be a bitter pill to swallow but it might also be the lessor of two evils and in this case a non-vote for McCain is just as much a lessor of two evils as a vote is for a Democrat if you are a Conservtive.
McCain is a 1,000 times more conservative on his most liberal day than Obama is on his most conservative day.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

He was having extramarital affairs when married to Carol, then abandoned his wife of 14 years and his children. Yes, he paid alimony. But here's the deal...he abandoned his kids. That's something we need to address. That does just as much damage to marriage, if not more, than two gays getting hitched in some tree huggin' church on E. Doper St. Massachusetts. We as straight Christians need to recommit to addressing divorce in our ranks with more force. Frankly McCain's current marriage is a sham. It was forged in adultery and since his wife was the won with biblical grounds to divorce him, he's currently still in adultery though he married Cindy. McCain might as well be gay married to John Edwards. Sin is sin brother. It's men like McCain that are leaving kids to grow up in fatherless homes all over the United States. Sin is sin bro.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Get real. I've only voted Democratic three times in my life, and that's including local, city, county, state, and congressional elections. LOL You don't have a clue.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
McCain is a 1,000 times more conservative on his most liberal day than Obama is on his most conservative day.
I don't discount that McCain is a more conservative liberal than Obama. My issue is that McCain is pretending to be a "conservative". Obama is honest about being a liberal. And Obama doesn't have PTSD and never tried to commit suicide. Obama is also still married to his wife and loves his kids too much to abandon them. Do I agree with Obama politically on every issue? No. But Obama has far more character and integrity than John McMac.