Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-18-2023, 01:42 PM

Times of the gentiles

Luke 21:25
Luke 21:35

When is/was the start? When is/was it done?

Right now?

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-18-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Times of the gentiles

Luke 21:24 KJV
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The times of the nations began with the destruction of Jerusalem and is still on going. I believe those times will end at the resurrection of the saints.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-18-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The times of the nations began with the destruction of Jerusalem and is still on going. I believe those times will end at the resurrection of the saints.
Thank you my friend.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 03-18-2023, 08:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Thank you my friend.
You are welcome!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-20-2023, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Luke 21:25
Luke 21:35

When is/was the start? When is/was it done?

Right now?
I believe it has to do with Daniels prophecy of the four Gentile empires that was over Israel. It was their time.

When the Gentiles, which Rome was the last of the empires had accomplished the final destruction, their time, or the time of the Gentiles had been accomplished.

If one reads what the Gentiles, or the time of the Gentiles was prophecied/determined by God to do had been done, their purpose had been fulfilled.

It ended in AD70.
Their time was fulfilled.

Last edited by Bowas; 03-20-2023 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:10 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Wasnt the second temple built with the Gentiles in mind? Didnt God declare His intent that Israel would be a light to the Gentiles? In what shape did Christ find the Gentile Court in the second temple? I would argue that the time of the Gentiles starts at the completion of the second temple and that Israel dropped the ball becoming more insular rather than being that light.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

If the time of the Gentiles started with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem then why wouldn't the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948 be the time that the Gentiles is fulfilled?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 04-05-2023, 07:52 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
If the time of the Gentiles started with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem then why wouldn't the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948 be the time that the Gentiles is fulfilled?

Because the doctrine of Dispensationalism was created in the 1800s by a girl who had seizures who talked about these dreams she had about a "secret rapture".

This was spread by John Darby and Cyrus Schofield and included notes in the margins speaking of such and also summerized chapter headings adding their own interpretation to the passages.

The Scoefield Reference Bible was published by Oxford Press and the Bible Salesmen were allowed to keep 100% of the profits.

Due to the lack of seminaries for most Christians, the reference study Bible became an invaluable tool.

Simultaneously to this, wars and conflicts began to heat up and the Middle East began to take more of a center stage in peoples minds especially after being influenced by the new views and doctrines that were becoming evermore popular.

Several Bible schools in the US adopted these views and began pumping out pastors who further spread the belief and people began reading their Bibles along with their newspapers.

I said all that to say this, if the pre trib Rapture doctrine can be traced to its specific origin after not existing for nearly 2000 years to the 1800s, and that became a major influence in Palestine being renamed a modern Israel, how can we be certain that the "Israel" in modern day is is the Israel the God acknowledges?
Old 04-05-2023, 04:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post

I said all that to say this, if the pre trib Rapture doctrine can be traced to its specific origin after not existing for nearly 2000 years to the 1800s, and that became a major influence in Palestine being renamed a modern Israel, how can we be certain that the "Israel" in modern day is is the Israel the God acknowledges?
Good question
Old 04-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
The modern country called Israel is not the Biblical nation of Israel. Biblical nations are ethnoi, ethnic groups. Modern countries are states, legal entities. The Holy Land is currently occupied by Arabs, Khazars, and maybe a few Edomites.

And in any case, any Israelite not in the new covenant has been cut off from Biblical Israel. Biblically, citizenship in Israel is a matter of COVENANT, not modern legal wranglings:

Romans 11:16-17 KJV
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy : and if the root be holy, so are the branches. [17] And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

John 15:1-6 KJV
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. [2] Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. [3] Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. [4] Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. [6] If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.