Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Violent Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
As Muslims have not implemented separate bathrooms nor put non-Muslims in the back of buses yet followed by burning crosses and lynchings I am not sure that somehow "credit" for the actions of a gay FBI director in shutting down christian violence across our own country is yours or your colleagues to take.

Otherwise, recent history aside, the cruelty of christian rule culminated in a constitution that STILL required said federal authorities, after decades, to take action to enforce.
http://islam.about.com/od/hajj/f/mecca.htm

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Muslims in these countries probably do not get to spend a lot of time puzzling out the basis of government for those who colonialize them. Normally being short of travel funds they only get to view and get exposure to the religious practices of their rulers on the ground.

Colonialization of Asia, the ME, and Africa was far later than the dark ages. How can you possibly mistake the period when the church executed people who didnt believe the world was flat with the period from the 1600's through late 1900's when europeans built churches and schools while they exploited local labor?
Building churches isn't colonization. You confuse missionaries with western expansionism

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1253893

Look at the last video. An Imam condemns these actions. Again, this is not right according to the Quran. According to the Quran there is no compulsion in religion.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

Ok. Lets get back on the hamster wheel. Does Islam teach violence? No it doesnt. You want to say it is because of the actions of some Muslims that are clearly outside of the teachings of the Quran. Its doesnt matter how many times it happens. Its not the religion. Its the misguided followers.
I never got off the hamster wheel. Using your logic, there are no violent Islamists and there are no violent Christians--because once they choose violence in the name of their God, they cease to be either.

I'm sure the same can be said of nearly every other religion. I can't think of a religion with any particularly diabolical tenants, right off hand. Ergo, by your logic, there are no violent religions--only violent people.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I never got off the hamster wheel. Using your logic, there are no violent Islamists and there are no violent Christians--because once they choose violence in the name of their God, they cease to be either.

I'm sure the same can be said of nearly every other religion. I can't think of a religion with any particularly diabolical tenants, right off hand. Ergo, by your logic, there are no violent religions--only violent people.
is that a wrong way to think? Its quite easy to control people using religion. I have seen it a lot.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1253893

Look at the last video. An Imam condemns these actions. Again, this is not right according to the Quran. According to the Quran there is no compulsion in religion.
Im glad but he seems to be a minority.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Im glad but he seems to be a minority.
I couldnt believe my eyes when I read and seen that. People where worried about that happening in America. Those guys would get beat down or worse they would get shot if they tried that in America.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post

Yes Islam does teach/promote violence. Does the Quran? Well that is another issue.

Have you read about Islams founding?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I couldnt believe my eyes when I read and seen that. People where worried about that happening in America. Those guys would get beat down or worse they would get shot if they tried that in America.
Maybe not. Dearborn Michigan is mostly Muslim now. There are Islamic compounds in America. You know about them?

Did you read through those stats I posted?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Building churches isn't colonization. You confuse missionaries with western expansionism
I am confusing nothing and you cannot have "expansionism" then expect "missionaries" to be welcomed with open arms.

The Dutch in Indonesia are a perfect example of that which I speak. They exploited the people and built churches there for themselves at the same time. Exploited people remember these things and associate the religion with those who practice it while exploiting them.

No matter what you may think they SHOULD do - they have to associate the two things and while you may believe exploitation is AOK due to the manifest destiny of the christian white don't think that you can build a church and attend it and practice christianity while you do it or everyone else who tries to build a church and attend it and practice christianithy after you eventually get tossed out gets stamped with your actions.

NOTE: the Dutch in Indonesia were tossed out in the 20th century, not in the dark ages. It is actually you who are confusing recent events with events in the far past.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 06-21-2013 at 07:28 PM.