Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
But of course someone as openminded as yourself they could say "Belzebub" over the canidate and if they were sincere it wouldn't matter.
One of the things that disturbs me about you is that you speak so many things as if you know what you are speaking of and yet you have no clues at all. Just because someone doesn't believe the fallacy of your three steps to being born again doctrine and abhors your love for finding anything you can to condemn everyone else, doesn't mean we don't take our stand for truth.

I know what it is to give up everything to stand for the truth. Organizational affiliation of 23 years, the fellowship of friends and colleagues, being abandoned by family, the loss of church property including housing, etc. You have no idea.

I preach a strong message of faith, repentance, baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues, as well as a life that reflects a Spirit-filled life of sanctification.

I just preached this on Sunday and baptized three adults on Sunday. If the members of our congregation heard you make the kind of ridiculous statement made here, they would consider you a liar. They would certainly know you have no credibility at all when you make such statements.!

I don't teach that being sincere gives anyone a pass into the kingdom of God. A person can be sincerely lost.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

I was in a meeting years ago in Tucson, Az. Perry Green is the pastor of that large church and has been to over 100 countries. He held up a Bible in one hand and a Spoken Word book in the other and said I would rather believe a revelation(the Branham book) over a translation any day. That is the prevailing thought in that movement.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

My question is, how does one know when they have achieved doctrinal purity? Is it when they line up to what you teach?

Does doctrine have "tolerable allowances"? Surely one can get distracted with a minor incorrect teaching without it sending them to HELL!

Is how you envision Christ in your mind, a heaven or hell situation if you've obeyed Acts 2:38?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
One of the things that disturbs me about you is that you speak so many things as if you know what you are speaking of and yet you have no clues at all. Just because someone doesn't believe the fallacy of your three steps to being born again doctrine and abhors your love for finding anything you can to condemn everyone else, doesn't mean we don't take our stand for truth.

I know what it is to give up everything to stand for the truth. Organizational affiliation of 23 years, the fellowship of friends and colleagues, being abandoned by family, the loss of church property including housing, etc. You have no idea.

I preach a strong message of faith, repentance, baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues, as well as a life that reflects a Spirit-filled life of sanctification.

I just preached this on Sunday and baptized three adults on Sunday. If the members of our congregation heard you make the kind of ridiculous statement made here, they would consider you a liar. They would certainly know you have no credibility at all when you make such statements.!

I don't teach that being sincere gives anyone a pass into the kingdom of God. A person can be sincerely lost.
TB we are not discussing what you are preaching on Sunday morning but what you post here. I rejoice that the 3 were baptized in Jesus Name. But it was YOU that implied there was really no difference in what a preacher says at baptism if you believe that then why not just preach that????? If you emphasize that in service then good. Several of us have done the same as you as far as separation is concerned so I can understand. I realize my tone is many times pointed but I suggest you reread your own posts they may also be somewhat pointed to those of us that believe the Apostolic doctrine. The judgment here is on what is posted. Some most discussions here are heated over doctrinal and holiness issues some have thought that's all we preach so I understand we will be percieved by what we post.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post

Well ignorance anyway -- how pure is yet to be seen.
Sure, pure ignorance, to the ignorant everything is pure...
Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Thanks, Bro. Epley, for a very good thread. Some growing pains left us with a lot of meaningless threads in the last few weeks and this thread offers us the kind of substance that we have lacked.

D4T, coming out of left field with a radically uncalled for remark shows us that you would rather offer a pointless argument than converse over legitimate points made.

Unless you are genuinely the kind who likes being trapped in the meaningless blather of threads lacking substance I think it would be a good idea to answer Bro. Epley's question he eventually asked you: What will cause a man to be lost? If the things that he listed won't affect the salvation of your soul then truth matters not one whit in other areas.

We await your answer.
I think that DT4 believes that unless you are a conspiracy kook you are in danger...
Old 04-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
Spell
Spelt
Spunt
Read
Read
Read
Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
This thread is stupid
This is a stupid statement.

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This came up in the Trinity thread so I will address it. Just because one has been born again by obeying Acts 2:38 does NOT guarantee them into Heaven unless they continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine. Pentecost sadly from the 1st century has had men to began to preach perverted teachings that destryed themselves and those who followed them. In Modern times the same has happened men who once preached truth now preach damnable heresies I will name some examples;
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
2. The "Ultimate Reconciliation" doctrine.
3. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine.
4. The "Spiritual Communion" doctrine.
5. The "Divine Flesh" doctrine.
6. The "Full Preterism" doctrine

Dont forget #7...The Ultra Conservative doctrine...

j/k j/k dont get your Thompson Chain in a wad! LOL
Old 04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Dont forget #7...The Ultra Conservative doctrine...

So you believe that Bro. Epley teaches damnable doctrines that will send him to hell?

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years