Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Renewed

Re: McCain Is the Only Hope of the GOP & America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
I've not promoted immorality.

In regards to abortion I've promoted addressing the issues women face and reducing the abortion rate. Once abortion rates are low enough to be rather insignificant banning about will be the next logical step. You guys want to ban abortion and execute women and doctors.

In regards to gay rights, I've only stated that they are private individuals, and while it makes me sick that they do what they do, it's a free country and their private arrangements are their own. You guys want to criminalize private behavior and contracts and execute homosexuals.

I believe we in the United States are falling behind the Westernized world when it comes to health care and that we can do what other nations have done even better and cover all Americans. You guys don't care if an estimated 18,000 Americans die from treatable disease every year in the US only because they cannot afford health insurance.

Geesh Bro. Hall don't you get it. why can't they afford health insurance? Cause the price is too high?
Why is the price too high?
Because there are crooked people in every chain of the system.
The wages of sin is death, like it or not.
You believe the answer is to keep feeding a corrupt system.
We believe the answer is to impose the conviction of God on the system as best we can.

You yourself said the system is broke, so why keep playing a losing game?
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Renewed

Quote:
You're reading into what I'm saying. I've prayed about it and sincerely feel God desires that we do something as a nation to cover all Americans in regards to health care. God isn't pleased with all the people who have died simply because they couldn't afford treatments or their insurance denied them coverage. Much prayer has gone into my position on this. When I was in Canada and had some eye opening experiences I sat on a dock in Ontario searching my heart as to where I stood on the issue. I asked, "Jesus, would you want every American to receive health care? Would you be pleased if we as a nation united to care for eachother in this way?" I felt in the Holy Ghost a simple, "Yes." I know a doctor who works at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton Ohio who is a faithful Christian who does a lot of charity work. He was explaining to me how they aren't even making a dint in the problem. He said point blank, "Chris, I support a national health insurance program BECAUSE I'm a Christian."

Tommy Douglas of Canada advocated for a national health care initiative. He was a Baptist minister and it was his Christian faith that drew him to do so.

Brother...you're trying to justify the unjustifiable by reading into what I'm sayng. Bro....you're Social Darwinist, Right Wing Extremism, isn't compatible with Christianity.

Why feed a lying, currupt beast though.?

Ok, you want to fix it? Why not advocate that we do something about the greedy pharmacies to bring the prices down ? Why not advocate that we do something about the greedy lawyers waiting outside hospitals and doctors offices for a chance at a frevilous lawsuit. Not to mention the greedy people who take them up on it.?

You remember the tobbaco settlements? How all that millions was going to cancer victims, hospitals, anti-smoking etc. Then a year or so later it came out that all the states had spent the money because their local governments were "broke" (what ever)

You talked at the beginning of this thread about addressing the root of the problem. Well there is the root of the problem. Its can't be solved by feeding the greed even more.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Geesh Bro. Hall don't you get it. why can't they afford health insurance? Cause the price is too high?
We believe the answer is to impose the conviction of God on the system as best we can.

Look at the following list showing where the United States ranks globally in regards to it's health care system,

Quote:
The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.
Source: WHO World Health Report - See also Spreadsheet Details (731kb)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rank Country

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America
38 Slovenia
You mean to tell me that you believe that America can't pull off what all the countries ahead of us have pulled off and do it better??????

France came in #1. Interestingly their running 13 billion dollar defecits in their system...but it's still cheaper than the private system here in the United States where we spend at least 16% more on health care costs than they do. I guess according to you we're the Western world's biggest loosers, should throw our hands up in the air, and walk away. Get real bro.

I'm saying I know we can do better. But it's going to also take Christians jumping into the frey and advocating for the helpless and those in need because BIG money powers want to maintain their strangle hold on Americas health care system. If you want to fight the "greed"....consider that Dr. William McGuire (CEO of United Health Care) made out with over 1.7 BILLLION dollars in stock options....while an estimated 18,000 Americans died that year because they couldn't afford health insurance.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post

Also consider this...our system is private. Many agencies are privately traded. A public system would be transparent. No system is perfect. But if it could save a number of the 18,000 Americans who die every year because they couldn't afford treatments I'd call it an improvement. If I'm going to tolerate a corrupt system, at least let it deliver.

Have you ever spent time in Canada or France?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Scotty, you've been pistol whipped by right wing extremists for so long you've not even considered that they might be wrong on this issue. I've been in other countries personally and bro...I came back to the US and was ashamed. I have two friends at Church from Italy and they are amazed at how bad America has gotten. They've talked about going back to Europe. I asked them, "So what do you like about the US in relation to Europe?" He laughed and danced around it, but he finally said, "I'm thankful that my wife found Jesus in the US, but other than that the US has little to offer." He talked about how safe the streets were in Italy. I asked him about health care in Europe and he said, "Americans are too full of pride to listen to anyone who might help them."

The man's right bro. Spend time overseas and I assure you when you come back to the US you'll be shocked at what we tolerate.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Felicity...you still there Sis?
Old 02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Look at the following list showing where the United States ranks globally in regards to it's health care system,

You mean to tell me that you believe that America can't pull off what all the countries ahead of us have pulled off and do it better??????

France came in #1. Interestingly their running 13 billion dollar defecits in their system...but it's still cheaper than the private system here in the United States where we spend at least 16% more on health care costs than they do. I guess according to you we're the Western world's biggest loosers, should throw our hands up in the air, and walk away. Get real bro.

I'm saying I know we can do better. But it's going to also take Christians jumping into the frey and advocating for the helpless and those in need because BIG money powers want to maintain their strangle hold on Americas health care system. If you want to fight the "greed"....consider that Dr. William McGuire (CEO of United Health Care) made out with over 1.7 BILLLION dollars in stock options....while an estimated 18,000 Americans died that year because they couldn't afford health insurance.

Ok, you want to fix it? Why not advocate that we do something about the greedy pharmacies to bring the prices down ? Why not advocate that we do something about the greedy lawyers waiting outside hospitals and doctors offices for a chance at a frevilous lawsuit. Not to mention the greedy people who take them up on it.?

You remember the tobbaco settlements? How all that millions was going to cancer victims, hospitals, anti-smoking etc. Then a year or so later it came out that all the states had spent the money because their local governments were "broke" (what ever)

You talked at the beginning of this thread about addressing the root of the problem. Well there is the root of the problem. Its can't be solved by feeding the greed even more.

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Also consider this...our system is private. Many agencies are privately traded. A public system would be transparent. No system is perfect. But if it could save a number of the 18,000 Americans who die every year because they couldn't afford treatments I'd call it an improvement. If I'm going to tolerate a corrupt system, at least let it deliver.

Have you ever spent time in Canada or France?

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Renewed

I may have a problem with that list, there sure are alot of countries on that list that solicit Christian donations do to lack of health care. Another research item for you, out beside each country maybe you could list the amount of financial and other aid that the US gives to these countries every year hummmmm???

What could our country accomplish if started keeping that money? But then would you complain because stopped helping them?

The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.
Source: WHO World Health Report -

Do you really see the source of this information as being non-bias?
An org. that wants to see America join the One World in its org. ?

What is the difference between the capitalist money/power hungry and the political money/power hungry?

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFuzn-Vy8w