Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: The death of Mr Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You know what Brother, I commend your honesty. I know several that would say the opposite and be the first to hide when the threat arose. Ill tell you right now, I couldn’t pull their trigger on no human being. This is my own conviction, I dont carry a weapon, unless I’m going hunting or target shooting. I just feel, your asking for trouble if your going to be carrying a gun around all day.

When I worked in EMS I got pretty good at switching off emotions and just acting. Im afraid Im one of the ones that could all too quickly pull the trigger in the moment knowing that Id have some major inner "squaring of the circle" to do later. Id hate to have to be put in a position where Id be forced to make that choice. Thats nothing I want on my conscience and Id hate feeling like any moment someone could track me down to get revenge and put my family in more danger over something that I wrangled in a moral of the moment situation.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
When I worked in EMS I got pretty good at switching off emotions and just acting. Im afraid Im one of the ones that could all too quickly pull the trigger in the moment knowing that Id have some major inner "squaring of the circle" to do later. Id hate to have to be put in a position where Id be forced to make that choice. Thats nothing I want on my conscience and Id hate feeling like any moment someone could track me down to get revenge and put my family in more danger over something that I wrangled in a moral of the moment situation.
Weapons carry requires that one does not "make the choice" IN the midst of a crisis, but rather that one has already made the choice before hand. That is, IF you're going to carry a weapon, before you leave the house you have already decided under what conditions the weapon will - and will not - be used. Otherwise, you are literally planning to make the wrong choice at the wrong time, and most likely will simply freeze with indecision. This freezing with indecision has nothing to do with a person's "willingness to pull the trigger" but everything to do with the OODA cycle, as even trained experienced soldiers can freeze up when they do not have clear rules of engagement.

(OODA - Observe threat, Orient on the threat, Decide a course of action, Act on the decision - an observable cycle that occurs whenever a person is faced with a change in the environment)

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-11-2020, 10:14 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I just feel, your asking for trouble if your going to be carrying a gun around all day.
Perhaps, but there are also numerous reports (though not from the lame-stream media) of criminals being driven off by just the brandishing of a firearm by their intended victim. That's not to say that merely carrying a firearm will stop criminals, but I'd rather have a chance to drive the threat away - hopefully without lethal force - than no chance at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I believe watching helplessly while a loved one is being tortured, raped, murdered, would be worse.
Agreed.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.