Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Pray for my Mother and Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Today I received word that my mothers health is failing. She has been in a bad way for a while but it seems she has taken a turn for the worse. She is 50 yrs young and has been sick most of the past 7 years. She has several illnesses, some of which would require a heart and lung transplant. She is not any donors list because the severity of the other thing she has could make it near impossible for any of the transplants to take sucessfully. Right now she is on a respirator because her co2 levels are very high. If they take her off she might aspirate and slip into a comma or going into breathing attack and pass on. She does not wants to live by machine or have a trach, which is the other option. She has been taking up to 27 pills per day for well over 5 years.

My mothers name is Debbie Tullock and she lives in Knoxville, Tn. While I am there I will not have access to AFF. Though I might have CC1 update some of you. I am leaving in the early morning to go there to be with her and the rest of my family. Please pray for us in the tought time of decision. We have to decside whether to obey her wishes or keep her alive. Please pray that God directs us to make the correct choice.

I appreciate all of my AFF family even though I have not been apart of you all but almost a year you all are important to me, just ask my wife. LOL

JTullock
Lord God,

We humbly bring Debbie Tullock to You. We ask that if You would see

fit, that You would touch her and raise her up, healing her for Your glory

and praise. Lord God, nevertheless we submit to Your Will for You are God

and always know what is best. We thank You and trust this situation into

Your Hands, in Jesus Name!

Falla39
Old 12-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Hello all. So far nothing has happened. There is a storng possibility that she will pass in the next few days. She will slip into respitory failure and they will medicate her to make her comfortable. Then she will pass. They can only have her intubated her twice already and after the third time they will have put at trache in. If that happens then she can only live in a fulltime center ala nursing home. Here in Tn NO nursing home will keep her no longer than 90 days. That make this even tougher.

The only close states to Tn that could take her is W.Va. or Kentucky. None of my family could move there and she is the type that will not take the trache anyway so there is only really one choice. I want to thank everyone for praying for me and my family and especially my mother. I will try and get on to let everyone know the out come or up dates. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hello all. So far nothing has happened. There is a storng possibility that she will pass in the next few days. She will slip into respitory failure and they will medicate her to make her comfortable. Then she will pass. They can only have her intubated her twice already and after the third time they will have put at trache in. If that happens then she can only live in a fulltime center ala nursing home. Here in Tn NO nursing home will keep her no longer than 90 days. That make this even tougher.

The only close states to Tn that could take her is W.Va. or Kentucky. None of my family could move there and she is the type that will not take the trache anyway so there is only really one choice. I want to thank everyone for praying for me and my family and especially my mother. I will try and get on to let everyone know the out come or up dates. Thanks everyone!
I am so sorry to hear your moms condition has not improved. Having a very ill mother myself I all too well know what you must be going through. I have been praying for your mom, you, your dad, and the whole family and will continue to do so.

Have you had to go home yet or are you still with her?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I am so sorry to hear your moms condition has not improved. Having a very ill mother myself I all too well know what you must be going through. I have been praying for your mom, you, your dad, and the whole family and will continue to do so.

Have you had to go home yet or are you still with her?
Hey CC1 thanks. At this point I am still in Knoxville. I am not returning to PHX until Sunday. Any new changes I will let you know.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Praying for your situation. These kinds of things are so hard.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-15-2007, 09:47 AM

Hello all. This morning around 7:30 a.m. my mother passed away. She had been sick for a while. She will be dancing with Jesus and that is something she has looked forward too for a long time. Please keep us in your prayers. The services will be in Knoxville, TN. at First Apostolic Church on Monday evening. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes they are much appreciated. God Bless!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello all. This morning around 7:30 a.m. my mother passed away. She had been sick for a while. She will be dancing with Jesus and that is something she has looked forward too for a long time. Please keep us in your prayers. The services will be in Knoxville, TN. at First Apostolic Church on Monday evening. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes they are much appreciated. God Bless!

I am so sorry for your loss! You are in our prayers!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:50 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

I'm very sorry to hear of your mothers condition. We certainly will pray for her, and for you and the family. I use to know some Tullocks in the Athens Tennessee area, (just south of Knoxville).

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I'm very sorry to hear of your mothers condition. We certainly will pray for her, and for you and the family. I use to know some Tullocks in the Athens Tennessee area, (just south of Knoxville).
They are my family. Infact, depends on which ones you know some are immediate family. Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, etc. Who do you know down there?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

I know Doug Tullock. He owns or owned what use to be called "Bargain Barn". I think its called United Grocery Outlet or something like that. It has been years since I've seen him. Was trying to remember his sons name, but... just can't recall. Good folks. Anyway, I'll still be praying for your mother and your family.
Quote:
They are my family. Infact, depends on which ones you know some are immediate family. Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, etc. Who do you know down there?

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.