Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: JT Pugh Passed Away This Morning

Blog continues:

Now, Sister Pugh is stricken with Parkinson’s and Brother Pugh is confined to the house and takes care of her night and day. He feeds and dresses her. He takes care of every need. Someone asked, “Brother Pugh, how do you feel about it now?” He told them, “It is my happy privilege to do it because for years she has sacrificed for the call. . . and her reward will be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Wow! Bishop Pugh, andd his lifelong love Bessie are waltzing the streets of gold. UPDATE: Bessie Pugh, wife of Bishop J.T. Pugh, passed away in her home at about 11:30PM on Wednesday March 24, 2010.

From the Barnabas blog: Fast forward in time to Deleon, Texas where he knelt down in a clapboard house by a threadbare, worn couch and asked, “Bessie, will you marry me? I can only promise you a life of wearing worn-out shoes, faded out dresses, without a car for several years, and you won’t have much. I can only promise you a life of doing the will of God but if you will have me, I will love you with all of my heart.” He said that with tears dripping off of her face, she said yes. That was well over sixty years ago
Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Wow! Bishop Pugh, and his lifelong love Bessie are waltzing the streets of gold. UPDATE: Bessie Pugh, wife of Bishop J.T. Pugh, passed away in her home at about 11:30PM on Wednesday March 24, 2010.

From the Barnabas blog: Fast forward in time to Deleon, Texas where he knelt down in a clapboard house by a threadbare, worn couch and asked, “Bessie, will you marry me? I can only promise you a life of wearing worn-out shoes, faded out dresses, without a car for several years, and you won’t have much. I can only promise you a life of doing the will of God but if you will have me, I will love you with all of my heart.” He said that with tears dripping off of her face, she said yes. That was well over sixty years ago
Quote:
Blog continues:

Now, Sister Pugh is stricken with Parkinson’s and Brother Pugh is confined to the house and takes care of her night and day. He feeds and dresses her. He takes care of every need. Someone asked, “Brother Pugh, how do you feel about it now?” He told them, “It is my happy privilege to do it because for years she has sacrificed for the call. . . and her reward will be great!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:20 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Blog continues:

Warm tears are rolling down my face!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: JT Pugh Passed Away This Morning- Sis. Pugh Pa

I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Personally, I never thought J. T. Pugh was among the greatest of preachers as so many seemed to. Listening to him in person and on tape, I did not put him in the same class as other Texas preachers over the decades like Phillips, Hanby, Hicks, and Burr.

But he was indeed always a gentleman and I appreciated him for that.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: JT Pugh Passed Away Tues - Sis. Pugh Passed We

How unbelievable and appropriate that Bro. & Sis. Pugh leave this world together! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

Quote:
Blog continues:

I am reminded of a very successful jewish bussiness, man i knew that was taking care of his bed ridden wheelchair bound wife from years ago , and she was sitting in the wheelchair one morning fretting over the way she looked to her husband, And he said this" honey when i see you, i dont see a wheelchair, i see a throne" That is love.!

Last edited by oletime; 03-25-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

I had heard that Sis Pugh passed on about 10:30 last night our time but could not confirm.
It is God who is able to arrange such things.

A few of the anecdotes about this couple that are posted on this thread are I'm sure. just a few things that will come out in the days ahead of this wonderful couple in the Lord's service.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Wow! What a love story!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

how wonderful for them. Hard for their family but God will give them comfort. It's never easy to lose someone you love, whether you lose them months or years apart or whether you lose them at the same time. But what a blessing to know that they are now in the very presence of God!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Warm tears are rolling down my face!
I still have images of my mom taking care of dad in his last year, in similar fashion...

True love.