Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Have you seen one???: Angels among us

Ok ... it's a slow night ....

My Dad often saw angels when the church was submerged in worship and praise. As for me, I don't think I've ever encountered one.

Have any of you seen angels?
What did the angel[s] look like?
Does seeing one somehow reflect on your spirituality?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Sister Alvear

Yes, on several occasions...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Yes, on several occasions...
Which occasion stands out the most ...Sister Alvear???
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Approximately 11 years ago, when my oldest daughter was about 6 years old we were at a state park having a family picnic. After we'd had our picnic, we went over to the playground-- and she was playing on the slide. She had climbed up to the top of the slide and fell off from the platform that was about 8 ft off the ground. I saw her falling, but couldn't get to her fast enough to break the fall. I screamed the name of Jesus...it's all I could say...

She hit the top of her head, and was laying motionless on the ground. My husband, myself and our daughter were the only people at the playground. I told my husband to get in the car and go to the ranger station and call for an ambulance. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. As my husband was getting in the car to go call for help-- I looked up and saw a woman standing there beside me and my daughter. She was wearing a blue denim dress with some kind of an applique on the front. She was also holding a bottle of spring water, and a paper towel-- which she used to wipe my daughters face.

The woman told me that everything was going to be okay. My daughter opened her eyes-- and tried to get up. I told her to lay still, and that she didn't need to get up. The next thing I knew-- my husband was driving back up with the park ranger. The woman stood beside me until my husband got out of the car. Then as the park ranger came running up to me-- I turned to say Thanks to the woman for staying there with me-- but she was gone. My husband never saw her-- the park ranger never saw her. She just disappeared.

It wasn't long before the ambulance arrived. They took care of my daughter, and loaded her into the ambulance. As we were riding to the hospital, my daughter was talking to the paramedics. I asked her if she remembered the woman being there with us. She said "Yes, Momma. That was my angel. Whenever I'm really scared-- she is always there with me."

She didn't look like I expected an angel to look-- but I know without a doubt she was an angel.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Approximately 11 years ago, when my oldest daughter was about 6 years old we were at a state park having a family picnic. After we'd had our picnic, we went over to the playground-- and she was playing on the slide. She had climbed up to the top of the slide and fell off from the platform that was about 8 ft off the ground. I saw her falling, but couldn't get to her fast enough to break the fall. I screamed the name of Jesus...it's all I could say...

She hit the top of her head, and was laying motionless on the ground. My husband, myself and our daughter were the only people at the playground. I told my husband to get in the car and go to the ranger station and call for an ambulance. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. As my husband was getting in the car to go call for help-- I looked up and saw a woman standing there beside me and my daughter. She was wearing a blue denim dress with some kind of an applique on the front. She was also holding a bottle of spring water, and a paper towel-- which she used to wipe my daughters face.

The woman told me that everything was going to be okay. My daughter opened her eyes-- and tried to get up. I told her to lay still, and that she didn't need to get up. The next thing I knew-- my husband was driving back up with the park ranger. The woman stood beside me until my husband got out of the car. Then as the park ranger came running up to me-- I turned to say Thanks to the woman for staying there with me-- but she was gone. My husband never saw her-- the park ranger never saw her. She just disappeared.

It wasn't long before the ambulance arrived. They took care of my daughter, and loaded her into the ambulance. As we were riding to the hospital, my daughter was talking to the paramedics. I asked her if she remembered the woman being there with us. She said "Yes, Momma. That was my angel. Whenever I'm really scared-- she is always there with me."

She didn't look like I expected an angel to look-- but I know without a doubt she was an angel.

That is neat!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post

I don't want to minimize this story because it was a great story, but I wonder if it will give rise to a new thing...the blue denim angel! Pretty cool. Can you describe the applique? Not even sure what that means
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I don't want to minimize this story because it was a great story, but I wonder if it will give rise to a new thing...the blue denim angel! Pretty cool. Can you describe the applique? Not even sure what that means
Are you doubting this as a supernatural apparition, Prax?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
hammondb3klingon1

Ever see a redneck eat?? That will make you see spirits.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Are you doubting this as a supernatural apparition, Prax?
Why would you ask that? I didn't post anything speculating as to the doubfulness of the story
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

The applique was just a sewn on patch type design on the dress... It was a square block with a picture of something inside it... but I don't remember what the picture was-- honestly I wasn't paying that much attention because I thought it was just someone that had walked up. I wasn't expecting her to just disappear like that or I'd have paid more attention to detail.