Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Re: Bott '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
But here's my problem. Outside of DA and The Lounge, this has not been mentioned....anywhere! TFT, Stan Cook and others weighed in on the insult to the SG, and there were other tweets about that as well. Yet not one tweet about this alleged, very racist and disturbing comment. Not one.

Now, if people would tweet about JA calling another minister a jerk, don't you think they'd tweet about JA saying that kind of racial and incendiary comment? Not to mention, it would have offended many minorities who were sitting in the audience, as well as AM who has stood many times on the platform of POA and condemned any sort of racism, especially any in the church.

The complete and total absence of any kind of reference to the alleged comment makes me believe it's not true. POA may be able to scrub a DVD clean of the offending statement, but they don't control the internet.
In the movement that is the UPCI, the POA is kind of like DC or maybe the Illuminati. They can't kill all of the internet, but if they have asked for all the videos to be removed and or deleted I am sure many would agree to do so because they don't wanna be the one that let the cat outta the bag. It could be seen as a career suicide, of sorts. Time will tell what the outcome will be. Remember a few months back when the man came out and had all these claims against LS? That didn't go anywhere. If the person truly had evidence the evidence didn't see the light of day or was swept away. The person could have lied, but might not have... Again time will tell.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shephard View Post
In the movement that is the UPCI, the POA is kind of like DC or maybe the Illuminati. They can't kill all of the internet, but if they have asked for all the videos to be removed and or deleted I am sure many would agree to do so because they don't wanna be the one that let the cat outta the bag. It could be seen as a career suicide, of sorts. Time will tell what the outcome will be. Remember a few months back when the man came out and had all these claims against LS? That didn't go anywhere. If the person truly had evidence the evidence didn't see the light of day or was swept away. The person could have lied, but might not have... Again time will tell.
"POA is kind of like DC or maybe the Illuminati."

They didn't keep DA from posting the video on YouTube...didn't keep TFT and others on Twitter from making statements about it. There is no way POA is powerful enough to keep people from tweeting about it. Look, some people are trying to defend JA's comment against SG. I doubt he'd have any kind of support if he really said what DA and The Lounge are claiming he said.

Think about what you're posting here. You're claiming that POA would be a willing participant in covering up a hugely racist statement (ALLEGED) made on its platform by a speaker at its conference.

As for the claims against LS...rubbish. There wasn't a cover up there.

Last edited by n david; 01-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Being swept away is the same as dealing with it in-house too. Ask the accuser in the Buck Treadway cover situation... wait. You can't. She died. So she wasn't vindicated because it was dealt with in-house for a long, long time. I am not saying what JA did was anywhere near the BT situation, but there was a coverup and there was a fall out. The ones dealing with it in-house could end up looking like they are sweeping it away if it isn't dealt with properly (whatever that is)
Jack...really? We aren't talking about a criminal issue here. IF something can be handled in-house, it should be. If it can't, so be it.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
But here's my problem. Outside of DA and The Lounge, this has not been mentioned....anywhere! TFT and others weighed in on the insult to the SG, and there were other tweets about that as well. Yet not one tweet about this alleged, very racist and disturbing comment. Not one.
The person or persons who reported the statement at the lounge--were they in attendance at the session in question?

To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—

Old 01-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
The person or persons who reported the statement at the lounge--were they in attendance at the session in question?
I don't know. I don't think DA was there, and I'm not a member of The Lounge, so I'm not sure who was talking and whether they were there or not.

Good question though.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
I am not being a gossip. I am adding info to the current topic that is being discussed already (though not on this forum). It's funny that you knew me off this board I am the furthest thing from a gossip. Maybe you like to judge people, if so then you too have a long way to go too. Join me on the journey! I guess I should have said instead of "rumor has it" is that "it has been confirmed that..." Would that have made you happier?
has it been confirmed?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post

Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Saved & Shaved

the lounge?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Redneck for Him.

The Lounge.... Is that the place where preachers go to gossip about their flock? Or am I gettin' my forums confused?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Calling someone an "Idiot" usually results in discipline in our family.

Having said that, I do know someone who started an idioT thread here some time ago... So I do understand a joke.

But the video doesn't sound like a joke does it?

Seriously. I can't stand when the pulpit is used to mock others... It's not funny.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 01-27-2014 at 07:35 PM.