Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Canadian Premier Coming to USA for Heart Surgery

Sooooooooo.........

Danny Williams, the Premier of Newfoundland-Labrador needs heart surgery, but he will not be seeking his heart surgery in Canada. Instead, he will come to the United States for his treatment. CBC News confirmed Monday that Williams, 60, left the province earlier in the day and will have surgery later in the week.

In spite of obvious problems with our healthcare system WE OFFER THE HIGHEST QUALITY HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD!

Wonder why Mr. Williams didn't want to get heart surgery in the "model" Canadian system? Hmmmmmmmm?

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 AM

Re: Canadian Premier Coming to USA for Heart Surge

Bump

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Sooooooooo.........

Danny Williams, the Premier of Newfoundland-Labrador needs heart surgery, but he will not be seeking his heart surgery in Canada. Instead, he will come to the United States for his treatment. CBC News confirmed Monday that Williams, 60, left the province earlier in the day and will have surgery later in the week.

In spite of obvious problems with our healthcare system WE OFFER THE HIGHEST QUALITY HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD!

Wonder why Mr. Williams didn't want to get heart surgery in the "model" Canadian system? Hmmmmmmmm?
The answer is obvious, yet the president and the liberals want to dumb down this system, because it is unfair for us to have such an superior system. The field has to be leveled for everyone.....O, except for Congress itself!!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 AM

I guess probably what is happening here is that the Canadians want to help our system out so much, some are willing to come here to help boost our inferior healthcare. Why would anyone want to leave such an effecient and superior healthcare system like Canada's to come here and stoop to such lows to be operated on by our doctors and hospitals? It has to be compassion for us...

Michael Moore should go over to Cuba and encourage them to come over here and show us how to do healthcare...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:38 AM

Where are those socialized medicine fans???? What say ye?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
The answer is obvious, yet the president and the liberals want to dumb down this system, because it is unfair for us to have such an superior system. The field has to be leveled for everyone.....O, except for Congress itself!!!!
Exactly, like they want to dumb down our education.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

So if we dumb down our health system, where will the dictocrats go to get their healthcare? China?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

As a Newfoundlander and a Canadian, I am amazed at so many comments made by pundits who claim to know everything, without knowing anything about the situation at hand.
Danny Williams required immediate surgery and treatment to save his life that is not available in Newfoundland. It has nothing to do with our system, but all to do with urgency.
There are too many comments made throughout Canada and the USA that are simply mean and unture. To those who think that the Government or insurances are paying for this are wrong. Danny is a self made millionaire, coming from a modest family, and in fact he is paying for it from his own money, no one elses. In fact he is probably the only politician who works 18 hours a day and refuses pay for the job, he will not take a penney. When he is finished he will not take a pension, how many millionaire politicans can say that? None I would think, he does this because he loves his Province.
Getting back to the medical question, many Canadians go the the USA for treatments pay pay for it themselves, there is nothing wrong with this, the USA has an excellent private care system, amongst the world's best. Many USA citizens also go abroad for treatment as well, no one kicks up about this. So why pick on Danny Williams? Because he is an easy target and an unwilling poster boy for those pro and con in the health care reform debate in the USA. But this should not be part of your debate on the reform bill.
You should look at is what you have compared to what it will be, the extra cost, the social changes and what ever other comparisons there are. To compare your system to ours is unfair to both, they both have flaws, both have something wrong, and both have much right, both are good systems. However, the Canadian system is open to all without cost to the individual. If I had my surgery in the USA the cost would have been in excess of
$100,000, it cost me only $75.00, the difference between the cost of a private vs. a semiprivate room. My insurance paid for the balance of the room, the government, through the tax system paid the rest. No one in this province is ever turned away from health care due to lack of funds, no one ever gets a big bill.
When the rich do go abroad for treatment, they pay for it themselves, taking a burden off the system and putting cash into a private system, what is wrong with that? ON a final note, yes there is waiting time in this country, some do wait up to six months,but not all. There is a priority list, and severe cases go to the top. I required surgery, it was considered severe, and I waited only two weeks, if it was life and death, I would have gone through emergency and had it done immediately.
So folks, look at it as an apostolic should, get the facts, be knowledgable in them, have sympathy for Danny, just because he is rich is no reason to lambast him for going to the USA. You have an excellent system, the best doctors in the world, take pride that we go there when we can afford it, but it is not a reason to denegrate our system or yours, the issue is about a man who needed urgent surgery, it is not available in our small province, it was recommended that he go the a world class institute who offered to take him on an urgent basis, and he is getting the ebst of care. We need our Danny, and nothing is too good for him. And remember, it was his choice, his nickle and his life at stake.
PS I even wonder what this has to do with an apostolic site anyway.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETER View Post
As a Newfoundlander and a Canadian, I am amazed at so many comments made by pundits who claim to know everything, without knowing anything about the situation at hand.
Danny Williams required immediate surgery and treatment to save his life that is not available in Newfoundland. It has nothing to do with our system, but all to do with urgency.
There are too many comments made throughout Canada and the USA that are simply mean and unture. To those who think that the Government or insurances are paying for this are wrong. Danny is a self made millionaire, coming from a modest family, and in fact he is paying for it from his own money, no one elses. In fact he is probably the only politician who works 18 hours a day and refuses pay for the job, he will not take a penney. When he is finished he will not take a pension, how many millionaire politicans can say that? None I would think, he does this because he loves his Province.
Getting back to the medical question, many Canadians go the the USA for treatments pay pay for it themselves, there is nothing wrong with this, the USA has an excellent private care system, amongst the world's best. Many USA citizens also go abroad for treatment as well, no one kicks up about this. So why pick on Danny Williams? Because he is an easy target and an unwilling poster boy for those pro and con in the health care reform debate in the USA. But this should not be part of your debate on the reform bill.
You should look at is what you have compared to what it will be, the extra cost, the social changes and what ever other comparisons there are. To compare your system to ours is unfair to both, they both have flaws, both have something wrong, and both have much right, both are good systems. However, the Canadian system is open to all without cost to the individual. If I had my surgery in the USA the cost would have been in excess of
$100,000, it cost me only $75.00, the difference between the cost of a private vs. a semiprivate room. My insurance paid for the balance of the room, the government, through the tax system paid the rest. No one in this province is ever turned away from health care due to lack of funds, no one ever gets a big bill.
When the rich do go abroad for treatment, they pay for it themselves, taking a burden off the system and putting cash into a private system, what is wrong with that? ON a final note, yes there is waiting time in this country, some do wait up to six months,but not all. There is a priority list, and severe cases go to the top. I required surgery, it was considered severe, and I waited only two weeks, if it was life and death, I would have gone through emergency and had it done immediately.
So folks, look at it as an apostolic should, get the facts, be knowledgable in them, have sympathy for Danny, just because he is rich is no reason to lambast him for going to the USA. You have an excellent system, the best doctors in the world, take pride that we go there when we can afford it, but it is not a reason to denegrate our system or yours, the issue is about a man who needed urgent surgery, it is not available in our small province, it was recommended that he go the a world class institute who offered to take him on an urgent basis, and he is getting the ebst of care. We need our Danny, and nothing is too good for him. And remember, it was his choice, his nickle and his life at stake.
PS I even wonder what this has to do with an apostolic site anyway.
Whoa my canadian friend and Brother....

We are not making fun of your Danny, we are criticizing our Obama! This is a family affair thank You!!!!

We just happened to see something that we could use to dis our own for a while. Nuttin against Danny!

Let us pick on our own president and beat up our own politicrats!

You need Danny, we don't need or want Obama!

Hmmmmmmm..... You guys want Obama up there? We'll make a trade!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Naw you can keep Obama. My reaction was strong because there actually was so much negativity toward it, many of us from Newfoundland defended him, it's not often an actual honest politician comes along, expecially one who won't take a paycheque, perks and a pension. He was attacked for this, even in Canada by folks who talk without knowing what they are talking about, so we get defensive over our Danny Boy.
Anyway, keep Obama, we have the Prime Minister Steven Harper to dis, maybe we can get together and convince some other country to take the both of them!