Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-22-2019, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Re: "Churches arm, train congregants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
In the USA, persecution is looking like economic oppression from the govt and corporations against those that won’t compromise. And violence from terrorists and haters in the community.
Right.

NRA has had a couple banks now close their accounts and refuse to do business with them because of backlash.

Any business or employee who speaks against gender/lgbtq issues, especially on social media, is quickly mobbed and boycotted. And if it's a person, they're doxxed and their employers are harassed until the person is fired.

You also have small business owners intentionally targeted by those hoping to expose some sort of discrimination and force the business to close.

Last edited by n david; 08-22-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
In the USA persecution is looking like economic oppression by those that wont compromise from the govt and corporations. And violence from terrorists and haters in the community.
have you been directly affected?
Old 08-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
have you been directly affected?
Well, from the country I came from I suffered direct violence and threats including prison. Not because of proselytizing, but because of not participating in their sins.

Thankfully, here in the USA, I have not suffered nothing. However, few days ago, they asked me to allow for non-binary genders in what I was doing... and I did my job but didn’t include support for non-binary gender. I don’t want to have anything to do with that. I haven’t suffered any consequences... yet. Let’s see when they find out
I won’t give further details.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:04 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
And the carnality in the church marches on....

And they wonder why the Spirit of God moved out. It does seem that when fear moves in God moves out.

Hope everything works out for you guys...

Just saying.
This.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Wow. I expect the Baptists who don't believe in the Spirit to grab on to this but Apostolics? Yet, i have heard it and seen it for myself.
I expect Baptists and the others to be afflicted with diseases and have medicine cabinets filled and overflowing, but unfortunately Apostolics die from cancer and suffer from diseases in spite of prayers and faith.

I expect sinners to suffer with depression and get on mental meds, sad to see Apostolics dealing with the same thing and taking the same meds.

I don't carry but I won't condemn those who do.

I believe God is in total control, regardless of what we do. If God says it's your time, it won't matter if you have a gun or if you pray like Vesta Lane Mangun. If He says it's time, you're done. You can play cowboy or talk in tongues like a chinaman, it won't matter. You can fill your body with chemo poison or have your issue go viral and have thousands praying for you. Will not matter.

Just be ready.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:41 PM
New User

Quote:
[I]I believe God is in total control, regardless of what we do.
Calvinist!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Well, from the country I came from I suffered direct violence and threats including prison. Not because of proselytizing, but because of not participating in their sins.

Thankfully, here in the USA, I have not suffered nothing. However, few days ago, they asked me to allow for non-binary genders in what I was doing... and I did my job but didn’t include support for non-binary gender. I don’t want to have anything to do with that. I haven’t suffered any consequences... yet. Let’s see when they find out
I won’t give further details.
The United States is pretty good at protecting the rights of "groups"
Especially individual rights if we have the time, money, and effort to fight for our rights, non-binary genders is still new, and most likely end up being abandoned by the community at large. But my own experiences is that I don't have any direct or indirect issues concerning persecution. Persecution as you stated in your post. I have been a citizen of this country for 58 years, and have had no issues with persecution. I do believe we do a little more imagining things and building bridges we will never cross. Greater is Jesus Christ than anything out there. That's if we allow Him to be great in our lives. Most people actually tie Jesus' hands and therefore have to rely on themselves. Churches that have to lock and load, and have volunteer retired KGB standing in their midsts, are usually more Freudian Jesus, then Jesus of Nazareth.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Calvinist!
Fatalism
Old 08-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The United States is pretty good at protecting the rights of "groups"
Especially individual rights if we have the time, money, and effort to fight for our rights, non-binary genders is still new, and most likely end up being abandoned by the community at large. But my own experiences is that I don't have any direct or indirect issues concerning persecution. Persecution as you stated in your post. I have been a citizen of this country for 58 years, and have had no issues with persecution. I do believe we do a little more imagining things and building bridges we will never cross. Greater is Jesus Christ than anything out there. That's if we allow Him to be great in our lives. Most people actually tie Jesus' hands and therefore have to rely on themselves. Churches that have to lock and load, and have volunteer retired KGB standing in their midsts, are usually more Freudian Jesus, then Jesus of Nazareth.

Yes, the USA has been always good at accommodating people’s religions. I hope it stays the same, that way I don’t have to be looking for other jobs
Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes, the USA has been always good at accommodating people’s religions. I hope it stays the same, that way I don’t have to be looking for other jobs
Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.
We shall see the directions the United States will go. Being raised by an atheist who was a prepper (before prepping was cool) I got to see the whole fear of impending doom play out. My old dad would of got a real kick out of Churches having to have armed protection.