Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Have These Seven Trumpets Already Blown ?

What do you think? Do you believe THIS happened already?

6: And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7: The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. Rev. 8:6-7

How about THIS? Has it already came and went?

8: And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9: And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. Rev. 8:8-9

Did this ever happen before?

10: And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11: And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. Rev. 8:10-11

Is this in your memory?

12: And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. Rev. 8:12

Do you think this has already taken place?

1: And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2: And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3: And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4: And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5: And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6: And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7: And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8: And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9: And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10: And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
11: And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. Rev. 9:1-11

Some teach this already happened! What about you?

13: And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
14: Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
15: And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16: And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17: And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
18: By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
19: For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. Rev. 9:13-19

Who would say these events took place in the distant past?

15: And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16: And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17: Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18: And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. Rev. 11:15-18

There are the seven trumpets of Revelation. Some Apostolics believe these things have already happened. Do you think their teaching is true?

If so please tell me when all these things happened. thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What do you think? Do you believe THIS happened already?
Yes.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Eliseus

Just my opinion, but I believe we may be in between the sixth and seventh trumpets now.

And no, I do NOT agree with Irwin Baxter's interpretational scheme. lol
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

You'll get different answers on this.

Preterists will say yes, they've happened.

Others who believe the rapture takes place in Revelation chapter 4 and the second coming takes place in chapter 19 with the tribulation in between will say that they haven't happened yet.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 06-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Generally speaking, I believe the 7 seals, trumpets, thunders and vials are exactly what are spoken of in the Law to Israel in Leviticus 26, where there are 4 sets of sevenfold judgments if Israel should violate law and refuse to repent. Notice there is mention in association with these judgments the phrase, "THEY REPENTED NOT," in Revelation.

Quote:
SEALS:

Lev 26:18 KJV And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

TRUMPETS:

Lev 26:21 KJV And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

THUNDERS:

Lev 26:24 KJV Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.

VIALS:

Lev 26:28 KJV Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
Law is written to them who are under the law. Which is why we emphasize Revelation is about God's judgment on Israel in the generation who rejected Jesus.

Quote:
Lev 26:29 KJV And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
This was recorded in History as happening when Jerusalem was besieged.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Mfblume

Quote:
Law is written to them who are under the law. Which is why we emphasize Revelation is about God's judgment on Israel in the generation who rejected Jesus.
Why would it just be showing judgment on Israel? Is it not true that the seven Churches to whom it was written were all Gentile Churches? What would then be the relevance of it for them?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Mblume

Quote:
Quote:
Lev 26:29 KJV And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

This was recorded in History as happening when Jerusalem was besieged.
That may well be. However eating flesh is not mentioned AT ALL in the blowing of the seven trumpets.

Can you give historical events that COINCIDE with the blowing of the seven trumps?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mblume

That may well be. However eating flesh is not mentioned AT ALL in the blowing of the seven trumpets.

Can you give historical events that COINCIDE with the blowing of the seven trumps?
Brother, I can go on about this issue for days with you. And I would enjoy it. But I know it would not be a well-rounded conversation through our experience. Look it up on the net through google and you will find all our views on these details.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

It must be very hard to try to find some HISTORICAL EVENTS that coincide with these seven trumpets.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It must be very hard to try to find some HISTORICAL EVENTS that coincide with these seven trumpets.
Not at all. I will give you one pointer about our view. The sun, moon and stars darkening are Hebraic pictures describing the downfall of a kingdom. These terms were used for Egypt's fall, Babylon's fall and Edom's fall in the Old Testament.

I will say that for now. There comes a point where we're casting pearls, though. Again, research the net and you will see our view. It's all there.

No view is "stupid". Every view has reason behind it, btw. Even your's!

One more point: the sixth seal was elaborated upon by Jesus!

Quote:
Luk 23:27-30 KJV And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. (28) But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. (29) For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. (30) Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.