Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2007, 03:30 PM
revrandy's Avatar
revrandy revrandy is offline
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5,376
A Sad State of Affairs...

I know how to worship..

I know how to Praise God...

I know what to say and how to say it just right so it pulls the cart the way I need it to go..

I know how to sing the songs and dance the dance...

I know how to laugh and cry at the right time...

I know how to clap and say Amen....

but in all I Know the one thing I've lost

I treasured the most

was how to weep before God in His Presence...


Just a thought...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Monkeyman's Avatar
Monkeyman Monkeyman is offline
www.capitalcommunity.ca


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I know how to worship..

I know how to Praise God...

I know what to say and how to say it just right so it pulls the cart the way I need it to go..

I know how to sing the songs and dance the dance...

I know how to laugh and cry at the right time...

I know how to clap and say Amen....

but in all I Know the one thing I've lost

I treasured the most

was how to weep before God in His Presence...


Just a thought...
Randman, good post. For some strange reason, when in the presence of God while praying, I cannot stop weeping. I have had this ever since I was very young, and I sure missed that while backslidden.
But, because of that, many "spiritual" folk, took that as sadness. I have heard "prophecy" after "prophecy" that usually just gets me mad and pulls me out of the wonderful experience that was occuring.

My pastor addressed this a few weeks ago and talked about a weeping that would occur in our church, but then a time of celebration. I have noticed lately that my prayer time has been very jubilant and happy and I am ok with that. This is a first for me...we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:09 PM
drummerboy_dave's Avatar
drummerboy_dave drummerboy_dave is offline
America, bless God.


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 685
In the presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended, In the presence of The King
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:21 PM
OneAccord's Avatar
OneAccord OneAccord is offline
"One Mind...OneAccord"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,919
I've read in Joel, I believe, where Solemn Assembies were to be called. Mourning... weeping.

We use to do this... ever so often we'd call a Solemn Assembly where the brothers would close themselves up in the church and spend as many days as we could (up to 7 days) in the presence of the Lord. No preaching, no debating, just praying until we were weeping in God's presence. No food, just presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice before God. Oh, what a time of refreshing. What glory would feel the building.

Afterwards, we'd have a 7 day revival. My how the power would fall! I miss those days. I miss that one-on-one fellowship with the Lord. I love (what do they call it?), corporate worship. But that one on one fellowship with God can't ever be replaced with the celebrations that seem to have become so popular..

No, Bro, you haven't lost it. Its still there... or else you wouldn't have posted such a moving message. I sense, and share, your longing.
__________________
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...." -Psa. 37:7

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:24 PM
tamor's Avatar
tamor tamor is offline
Create Your Own Rainbows!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adamsville, TN
Posts: 8,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I've read in Joel, I believe, where Solemn Assembies were to be called. Mourning... weeping.

We use to do this... ever so often we'd call a Solemn Assembly where the brothers would close themselves up in the church and spend as many days as we could (up to 7 days) in the presence of the Lord. No preaching, no debating, just praying until we were weeping in God's presence. No food, just presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice before God. Oh, what a time of refreshing. What glory would feel the building.

Afterwards, we'd have a 7 day revival. My how the power would fall! I miss those days. I miss that one-on-one fellowship with the Lord. I love (what do they call it?), corporate worship. But that one on one fellowship with God can't ever be replaced with the celebrations that seem to have become so popular..

No, Bro, you haven't lost it. Its still there... or else you wouldn't have posted such a moving message. I sense, and share, your longing.


Amen. There's something about that strong, still power of God, where you don't know whether to sit or stand or move - and all you can do is weep in the presence of the Lord.
__________________
I hate to see you frown. So wear a bag over your head until you cheer up!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
[/SIZE]

Amen. There's something about that strong, still power of God, where you don't know whether to sit or stand or move - and all you can do is weep in the presence of the Lord.
It was that way for me this past Sunday...I cried from beginning to end and beyond.

Working this long stretch has meant times of missing a few services...can't be helped, so I was tuckered out in body, but thirsty is spirit.

He met me there, girl...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
meBNme meBNme is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 697
NOW THIS is the kind of thread we need more of!!!

A call back to sincerity, to the root of things. A cry of the soul to just absorb, and be absorbed by Gods presence.

This is the kind of thread that just makes one want to go pray.

Hats off to you Rev Randy.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
OneAccord's Avatar
OneAccord OneAccord is offline
"One Mind...OneAccord"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,919
I've found RevRandy to be like that. Not a lot to say... just enough to really get your attention... really get you to searching your own soul. You're right. We need more of it. I need more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBNme View Post
NOW THIS is the kind of thread we need more of!!!

A call back to sincerity, to the root of things. A cry of the soul to just absorb, and be absorbed by Gods presence.

This is the kind of thread that just makes one want to go pray.

Hats off to you Rev Randy.
__________________
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...." -Psa. 37:7

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Joseph Miller's Avatar
Joseph Miller Joseph Miller is offline
Da Evangelist


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where ever I am preaching
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I know how to worship..

I know how to Praise God...

I know what to say and how to say it just right so it pulls the cart the way I need it to go..

I know how to sing the songs and dance the dance...

I know how to laugh and cry at the right time...

I know how to clap and say Amen....

but in all I Know the one thing I've lost

I treasured the most

was how to weep before God in His Presence...


Just a thought...

AWESOME post!!!!

I think a lot of us agree with you on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
Sometimes we get the idea that attending church services should always make us feel joyful ,but sometimes a service should make us feel contrite and should drive us to weep ,when thinking of the lost condition of this world.
We should weep for those who are headed to a Christless eternity.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nebraska State Senator Sues God CC1 Fellowship Hall 11 09-18-2007 08:34 AM
Texas Legislature adds the phrase "one state under God" to the pledge Twisp Fellowship Hall 7 08-02-2007 08:40 PM
State Sponsored Retiree Insurance Digging4Truth Fellowship Hall 4 07-14-2007 08:48 AM
Radical Muslim paramilitary compound flourishes in upper New York state Praxeas Islamic Issues and News 25 05-15-2007 01:58 PM
State Dumb Laws. Scott Hutchinson The Newsroom 14 04-11-2007 03:01 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.