Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 PM
GET IT RIGHT!

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
BTW, there was a little girl healed of brain cancer after the elders at our church prayed for her. But because it is a baptist church none of my pentecostal family believes it.
God honors faith wherever it can be found.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
BTW, there was a little girl healed of brain cancer after the elders at our church prayed for her. But because it is a baptist church none of my pentecostal family believes it.
That is wonderful that God would heal the girl of Brain Cancer! Praise God.

I believe God is doing a great work in these last days to bring people back to the knowledge and belief in His divine power. We tend to forget it was a Baptist couple who invited William Seymour to the prayer meeting at Bonnie Brae street prior to the Azusa Street revival. Pentecost was not born out of a disagreement or debate over doctrine like Protestantism, but from hungry souls seeking more from God than they had.

I can't wait to hear about God filling people with the Holy Ghost in your church just like He did in the Book of Acts! I will be believing God with you for just that.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstump View Post
That is wonderful that God would heal the girl of Brain Cancer! Praise God.

I believe God is doing a great work in these last days to bring people back to the knowledge and belief in His divine power. We tend to forget it was a Baptist couple who invited William Seymour to the prayer meeting at Bonnie Brae street prior to the Azusa Street revival. Pentecost was not born out of a disagreement or debate over doctrine like Protestantism, but from hungry souls seeking more from God than they had.

I can't wait to hear about God filling people with the Holy Ghost in your church just like He did in the Book of Acts! I will be believing God with you for just that.
I think they already have it. My church believes in the gifts.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
now, that's tragic that because the miracle happened when Baptists prayed that the Pentecostals cannot accept it.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
ain't that the truth

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
personally i have seen more moves of the Spirit in a trinity pentacostal church of God than i have in the Upci.

For it is the same Spirit in both assemblies.

No man has the power to Heal only God does, and he is not bound by any denomination
God the Holy Ghost moves among trinnies and JO's equally
because He's more interested in their hearts than in their heads
Old 07-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldoutochrist View Post
Scrolling through my Facebook news feed this morning, it was filled with updates such as these:

-Bro jeff Arnold just literally died on the altar after preaching Impact Conference. Then he was raised up and ran across the platform! 3-4 nurses confirmed he had no pulse! I seen the man! He was dead! The emts arrived and chked him and everything was normal!

-He preached on signs miracles and wonders last night at impact, fainted, nurse confirmed him dead, no pulse, and church prayed he got up shouted...

-Yes, it was at the Impact Conference last night. It was an awesome service where he preached then afterwards during the altar service was when it happened. I was watching on internet, but they stopped the internet before it all happened. But I spoke with someone that was there and she said there were RN's and a Nurse Practioner there and they couldn't find a pulse. 911 was called. Prayer was being made. He was dead but God raised him!

-Bro. Arnold's opening line was "God told me: If you can convince my people, i will confirm my word"

Although I don't know him personally, he is a reputable pastor in the Florida District and I think that this is pretty incredible.
Does he usually illustrate that sermon with a death and resuscitation?

Was this Jeff Arnold or Aimee Semple McPherson?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate moore View Post
Although, I only got to see the preaching on the internet, several people in my church were there and I have family in that church. Four nurses and an Iraq war veteran experienced with death couldn't find his pulse. He was gray as ash. He was unconscious and unresponsive. He wasn't breathing. They didn't say he was dead as far as I know, but it certainly appeared that way. After several minutes of apparent lifelessness, Bro. Arnold sat up and then got up worshipping. Other miracles were a testimony of one guy to his eyes being healed. Two others testified of healing of deafness. One was deaf in one ear. The other was partially deaf in both ears. Close to fifty testified of pain leaving their body in the service. What is interesting is that at the end of his preaching Bro. Arnold repeatedly said "We don't need hyper-faith." The service was actually slow and he was really almost teaching rather than preaching. (If you can believe that.) It was a definite move of God, not worked up junk. There will be other reports coming out of it, that is for sure. So, Praise God!!!!! He is the one who gets all the glory!
It is wonderful that God touched him and he recovered from whatever happened. I just wonder why Pentecostal folks are so enamored with the supernatural that they seem to always make situations the extreme of what it could possibly be.

It is a great story of God's touch with it just being that he was unconscious and was healed. That is not good enough for a lot of people though and by the time this gets told a few times it will be a four doctors, ten nurses, an undertaker, and EMT crew all declaring him dead for an hour.

In any case I am glad he is fine.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

He was NOT dead, for he was not asleep for 3 days and STINK-ETH!

Miracles happen all the time - not just in OP churches. But woe unto those that seek for a sign! Matthew 16:4 - An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Praise the Lord, I happen to believe it. Do most Pentecostals believe God only answers Pentecostal's prayers? How they limit God, if so.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV