Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: Day at the range

One thing that I was not expecting was to find there really wasn't any difference between "cheap" FMJ 115 grain range ammo and the much better Hornedy Critical Defense 135 grain hollow point, in how it felt to shoot. I expected the Hornedy to kick a little more but it didn,t, not even a little. (There was a rather big difference in reliability! My Ruger P95 misfed several times on the cheap stuff but not once on the Hornedy.)
Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Found a Rossi .38 at the gun show today...single/double action - sweet deal. Love it!

Went out to the gun range to try it out. Shot three bulls eyes!

Even though I stayed on the target, I was shooting a little too high and to the left. Don't know why I was having some trouble correcting. Because it was sooo hot, I only shot 50 rounds. I'll have to go back and work on getting more on center.
Last Christmas my son bought me a Rossi .357 revolver for home protection. Love that pistol but need to take it to the range more to practice with it. I have only shot .357 with it but it also shoots .38
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Last Christmas my son bought me a Rossi .357 revolver for home protection. Love that pistol but need to take it to the range more to practice with it. I have only shot .357 with it but it also shoots .38
I love my .38. Our anniversary is tomorrow. I understand I am getting four boxes of ammunition.

If my 9mm was a larger frame, I probably wouldn't have had the issue with pulling back the slide. The smaller frames have a tighter spring and just difficult for me. I couldn't feel comfortable with it.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I love my .38. Our anniversary is tomorrow. I understand I am getting four boxes of ammunition.

If my 9mm was a larger frame, I probably wouldn't have had the issue with pulling back the slide. The smaller frames have a tighter spring and just difficult for me. I couldn't feel comfortable with it.

Happy Anniversary Pressing-On! Just keep pressing on!

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Happy Anniversary Pressing-On! Just keep pressing on!

Been Thinkin
Thanks, BT!!