Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Jeffrey Jeffrey is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,178
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
AQP I think the guideline for this should be the same guideline I live the rest of my life by..... 'Love God, Love Your Neighbor'. Regarding swimsuits, I still have the guideline that I wouldn't want to cause a weak brother to stumble.
Right.

Quote:
If I'm going to be around a godly man, and he's going to have to avert his eyes to keep from seeing things that make him feel uncomfortable.... then I'd feel I was dressed immodestly.
Do you go change at that point, or are you aware what "that point" is? What is it?

Quote:
I think MissB's solution of swim shorts and rash guard shirts is a great solution. I've also seen swimsuits that have pretty high necklines... coupled with swim shorts, they can be pretty modest.
agree

Quote:
I don't think the Bible declares how much skin is too much, so I think it falls under the heading of consideration for those around us. Most of us have the common sense to know when we're showing too much.
What is that though? Cleavage point? Underwear? I mean, at most beaches you can wear anything. I think it's the nipple that makes things off limits. I'm not sure it's that common. If anything is common, it's because A&F influences swimwear.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 PM
MrsMcD's Avatar
MrsMcD MrsMcD is offline
Prayerful lives are powerful


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,711
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

My parents live on a lake and I wear a swim suit when it is just family. If others are there, I wear shorts and a rash guard over my swim suit. Most of the time I wear shorts and a rash guard regardless because it is just more comfortable to me since I am usually jet skiing, skiing, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM
*AQuietPlace*'s Avatar
*AQuietPlace* *AQuietPlace* is offline
Love God, Love Your Neighbor


 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,363
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post



What is that though? Cleavage point? Underwear? I mean, at most beaches you can wear anything. I think it's the nipple that makes things off limits. I'm not sure it's that common. If anything is common, it's because A&F influences swimwear.
I don't try to set guidelines for other people. Everyone needs to answer to God for their own conscience.

For me - no cleavage, arm openings that fit snugly, no bare backs, and shorts that are at least fingertip length. Basically, swim shorts and swim shirt.

And what's HILARIOUS is that ultra-cons will think I'm a devil for showing this much, and people who are more liberal than me will probably think - oh, fuddy duddy!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,561
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Sam: Some of us are ignorant. Please give chapter and verse and educate the ignorant among us as to exactly what the bible says about bifurcated garments. After the bifurcation lesson then summarize what the "jesus name apostolic preachers" say about bifurcated garments. Then: feel free to comment at will on what the bible says about adding stuff to the bible.

and Yes - my wife wears a "bourkini" on the rare occasions that she goes swimming.

wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, I haven't read most of the stuff in this topic.

But, just looking at the first picture shows how ungodly this is.
She plainly has on a bifurcated garment, and y'all know what the Bible says about "bifurcated" garments.

Some time back on this or the prior forum there was a picture of MOW relaxing on the beach. The picture didn't show his speedo, just his painted toenails but it did show some ladies in pretty moderate swim wear.

Since the picture may not have been seen by some of the newer folks, I'll include it below. I don't think MOW has it copyrighted so there may be no legal problem.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM
*AQuietPlace*'s Avatar
*AQuietPlace* *AQuietPlace* is offline
Love God, Love Your Neighbor


 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,363
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Sam: Some of us are ignorant. Please give chapter and verse and educate the ignorant among us as to exactly what the bible says about bifurcated garments. After the bifurcation lesson then summarize what the "jesus name apostolic preachers" say about bifurcated garments. Then: feel free to comment at will on what the bible says about adding stuff to the bible.

and Yes - my wife wears a "bourkini" on the rare occasions that she goes swimming.

wii
Sam was joking.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 05-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Jeffrey Jeffrey is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,178
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I don't try to set guidelines for other people. Everyone needs to answer to God for their own conscience.

For me - no cleavage, arm openings that fit snugly, no bare backs, and shorts that are at least fingertip length. Basically, swim shorts and swim shirt.

And what's HILARIOUS is that ultra-cons will think I'm a devil for showing this much, and people who are more liberal than me will probably think - oh, fuddy duddy!
I wasn't trying to see if you would set guidelines for others, I was asking the group to see the logic in how they drew up their own.


What you described is classy IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
*AQuietPlace*'s Avatar
*AQuietPlace* *AQuietPlace* is offline
Love God, Love Your Neighbor


 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,363
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I was asking the group to see the logic in how they drew up their own.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Jeffrey Jeffrey is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,178
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I'm not sure what you mean.
In other words, what you just did. You explained how much is too much to you. I wanted to hear someone's own logic, not necessarily trying to apply a general rule for all. Your response did just that.

People were saying general things like "not too much" but not really saying what exactly what too much.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,561
Re: Holiness Swim Wear

i know he was. <grins> who knows the question gets answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Sam was joking.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do you wear makeup, if you do? SeekingOne Fellowship Hall 88 07-25-2009 01:20 PM
Why LipSyncers should not wear sun glasses Praxeas Fellowship Hall 0 03-31-2009 12:03 AM
You should never wear a tie LordChocolate Fellowship Hall 34 12-29-2007 12:30 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.