Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

View Poll Results: Do you affirm these beliefs?
Yes 55 79.71%
No 14 20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Apostolic Litumus Test: Do you affirm - Yes or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
I think that is looking for an out but which time that Jesus said it were you having an issue with?

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Acts 13:46 "Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles."

Wow, so many scriptures to add to what Paul and Barnabas were saying. The first thing they wanted to do is have the listeners believe that Christ was raised from the dead and was who He claimed to be. They wanted them to believe that "today these scriptures are fulfilled."

They could go no further until they acknowledged that - and as you read - they didn't want to believe it - so they turned to the Gentiles.

In the context of the NT there were things necessary with their belief. You can do nothing without belief. It's just a very simple element.

I don't listen unless I believe in someone.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I am one that believes the spirit begans to enter a person when they are saved and receiving the HG completes that infillment.
Really? Interesting. I'm not one that believes that.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Really? Interesting. I'm not one that believes that.
understood. Not sure that I acutally have chapter and verse for it, but just the way I felt at salvation then the completness after HG infillment.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Exactly! Because you followed scripture, got baptized and spoke in tongues and commune with him daily. You asked "what shall we do"..........
I know that I began to change after I repented, not having received His Spirit until three months later. But, I also had some things I had to put behind me before I was prepared to house His Spirit. I believe that is why some people don't receive the Holy Ghost, speaking in tongues for clairty (), initially.

It has to do with an old or new wine skin, as analogy.

I also know that I would NOT have stayed clean after repentance. I would not have had any power within myself to do that. I couldn't do it now. I need His Spirit to come to me and convict me of sin, guide me, etc.

That power came upon me when I spoke in tongues - His Spirit dwelling in me.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
understood. Not sure that I acutally have chapter and verse for it, but just the way I felt at salvation then the completness after HG infillment.
Now see, that is the difference. I had never heard of the Holy Ghost until I was 24 years old. After repenting and being baptized I still felt empty. I totally changed after I spoke in tongues, which I knew was - Christ in me, the hope of glory.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I know that I began to change after I repented, not having received His Spirit until three months later. I had some things I had to put behind me before I was prepared to house His Spirit. I believe that is why some people don't receive the Holy Ghost, speaking in tongues for clairty (), initially.

It has to do with am old or new wine skin, as analogy.

I also know that I would NOT have stayed clean after repentance. I would not have had any power within myself to do that. I couldn't do it now. I need His Spirit to come to me and convict me of sin, guide me, etc.

That power came upon me when I spoke in tongues - His Spirit dwelling in me.
The Bible says you will receive power afte the HG has come on you. That is an evidence of the HG filling ya.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Such is the ignorance on the subject ... that you consider quotes from Haywood and Urshan PCI Elders ....

They were never PCI.
Daniel,

I read a few things that I did not realize in Haywood's Biography. The PAW was originally trinitarian prior to the AoG split.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
MOW, provide some scripture to back your assertion in the part I bolded. Man, it sure sounds good, but good luck finding the scripture to back it.
Well, I guess the parable of the publican and the pharisee would be a good example. The scripture states that the publican went home JUSTIFIED. I take that to mean JUSTIFIED.

The 3 step plan does NOT jibe with the nature of God. You can bark all you want about the 3 step interpretation of scripture, but that interpretation's conclusion is that the VAST majority of all who have called on the name of Jesus and have given their lives to Him without reservation are going to hell. Sorry, that's not the God I serve and the 3 step interpretation does nothing to change the nature of God.

I'll bump the One Stepper thread one more time for you all.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
The Bible says you will receive power afte the HG has come on you. That is an evidence of the HG filling ya.
You are correct. When they spoke in tongues they received His Spirit and then had power.

Gotta run!!! Thanks for staying in a good mood!!!! That always helps!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Now see, that is the difference. I had never heard of the Holy Ghost until I was 24 years old. After repenting and being baptized I still felt empty. I totally changed after I spoke in tongues, which I knew was - Christ in me, the hope of glory.
Exaclty. No ever is meant to stop after salvation. It would be akin to stop being romantic after the wedding. You obatin the goal, salvation, marriage, now you continue to do what got you there. You will never lose the affection of your mate unless you stop seeking it. Stop the romance and things go wrong. Stop at salvation and not become a complete Christian. The HG completes the God salvation procees in you. Obviously you still grow from there. My mother and father were more in love years after marriage than they were on the wedding day.