Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite?

bovine nuggets..really? coulda said cow chips...
Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshak View Post
Dan,

I never claimed to be Calvinist but my professors were.

I read the Istitutes of Calvin and I'm not trying to decontextualize his sayings. I know that some part, he is trying to be more "orthodox" but his explanations are interesting for the searcher as Calvin is explaining in his own terms what the trinity is for him.

I may answer this question to any Christian but I'm not sure you are. Even if you were, you seem to be more an inquisitor than a theologian.
If this be so, then I must question any notion or aspersion that seeks to qualify Calvin then as "timid" Oneness then.
A Calvinist you are not. A self professed theologian I am not.

I'm trying to square away then as a Christian searcher taught to rightly divide the Word and to beware of false teachers in the Berean tradition what is purported on the Iglese de Iran site and its sister site Kelisa Iran site.

You can question my credentials as a Christian as Firouz has with his "fellow believers" has in lambasting the Yaghnazar family and other Christians.

Firouz goes as far claiming that Yaghnazar is in cahoots with the Iranian Security force, VEVAK ... calling him "almost a murderer". And stating "He is trying desperately trying to open the way for the murder of Christian leaders in order to establish his own reign."

Last edited by DAII; 12-18-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
If this be so, then I must question any notion or aspersion that seeks to qualify Calvin then as "timid" Oneness then.
A Calvinist you are not. A self professed theologian I am not.

I'm trying to square away then as a Christian searcher taught to rightly divide the Word and to beware of false teachers in the Berean tradition what is purported on the Iglese de Iran site and its sister site Kelisa Iran site.

You can question my credentials as a Christian as Firouz has with his "fellow believers" has in lambasting the Yaghnazar family and other Christians.

Firouz goes as far claiming that Yaghnazar is in cahoots with the Iranian Security force, VEVAK ... calling him "almost a murderer". And stating "He is trying desperately trying to open the way for the murder of Christian leaders in order to establish his own reign."
I don't believe you are Christian. If you were, you will not fight to damage the credibility of persons who are facing death for Christ's sake.

I make not any difference between you and the jailers of our leaders, you are lead by the same inquisition spirit.

You forget that here we are in free world no Islamic Iran. You have not power to arrest anybody as your ancestors could but you work hand to hand to destroy the consensus among Christians for believers in Iran.

You have to forget what you saw among branhamites and traditional churches: there is not pictures in our services. Believers may read Billy Graham, Billy Sunday, Tozer and other well-known preachers writings.

About theology, you do well to confess that you are not theologian. But person as Dr Karl Barth was, and this is what he wrote about Calvin:

"Calvin was not antitrinitarian, but we can not be satisfied with the statements he gave on the Trinity, the Persons of the Trinity are more than qualities in God. Calvin was suspected to be member of a movement that confounds the three Persons. To be honest, I cannot dismiss the charge. "(Confession of Faith of the Church, Neuchâtel, 1946, p. 17).

Even if you are inquisitor, be sure that your friends the Mullahs are doing the job for you. Our brethren in Iran are being tortured, the inquisitor must be satisfied.

Last edited by Arshak; 12-19-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

I'm just a little confused.

Leaving out Calvin et al.

For Arshak

Does the Church of Iran teach the doctrine popularly known as the "serpent seed" doctrine?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
I'm just a little confused.

Leaving out Calvin et al.

For Arshak

Does the Church of Iran teach the doctrine popularly known as the "serpent seed" doctrine?
Firouz, a church leader, has confirmed this teaching ... along with other Branhamite teachings and leanings ....

But if you ask you're a mullah seeking to execute fellow Christians.

Arshak, wont even answer questions regarding his thoughts on the "Bro. Branham" picture.

I fear the irrational thought process of this poster as much as I do the mullahs who believe you convert by the heart or sword ... no gray areas. Its the same thought process that takes a montage of quotes and makes Calvin a Oneness believer without a shred of conclusive evidence ... this is the same thought process that tells us there are Acts 2:38 OP believers throughout history.

These folks have called people like the Yaghanazars ... who have also been persecuted for the name of Christ... "murderers" for even questioning their theology.

Last edited by DAII; 12-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Calvin was oneness??????? First time I've ever heard that one!

- Groucho Marx
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Calvin was oneness??????? First time I've ever heard that one!
Revealed to us in the last 24 hours.

Hidden to all scholars until now.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Revealed to us in the last 24 hours.

Hidden to all scholars until now.
Yes you are right :"hidden to all" so-called scholars who do not even know Dr.Karl Barth. Your sectarian teachers will never reveal you that Peter Caroli accused Calvin of modalism. Your sectarian teachers would not teach you that Calvin was very reluctant to adhere to the creeds.

Karl Barth studied carefully Calvin's literature and he was a compatriot of Calvin.

About the Serpent Seed, let me repeat a question I heard from teacher:

"And what about the intelligence level of this creature? The Torah is fairly explicit about that. The snake, according to the text, was pretty bright:

"And the snake was more cunning than any beast of the field..." (Genesis, 3:1).

So let's add it all up. The snake walks. The snake talks. He likes good food. He is intelligent.

What does he remind you of?

I don't know about you, but he reminds me of a human being.

Indeed, the snake so closely resembles a man that he forces us to ask: What, in the end, makes him a snake and not a man? This question hits close to home, because it's really a question about us and the nature of our humanity. Bottom line -- what makes us human and not a snake? If you walk, talk and are smart, are you then a person? Or can you still be a snake?

The snake, perhaps, forces us to ask: What is the essential dividing line between man and animal?

[B]

You are to look about the Serpent Seed around yourself and your friends.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

Dan,

Tell your friends that it is too late to stop any action. You are waiting your time here.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshak View Post
Yes you are right :"hidden to all" so-called scholars who do not even know Dr.Karl Barth. Your sectarian teachers will never reveal you that Peter Caroli accused Calvin of modalism. Your sectarian teachers would not teach you that Calvin was very reluctant to adhere to the creeds.

Karl Barth studied carefully Calvin's literature and he was a compatriot of Calvin.

About the Serpent Seed, let me repeat a question I heard from teacher:

"And what about the intelligence level of this creature? The Torah is fairly explicit about that. The snake, according to the text, was pretty bright:

"And the snake was more cunning than any beast of the field..." (Genesis, 3:1).

So let's add it all up. The snake walks. The snake talks. He likes good food. He is intelligent.

What does he remind you of?

I don't know about you, but he reminds me of a human being.

Indeed, the snake so closely resembles a man that he forces us to ask: What, in the end, makes him a snake and not a man? This question hits close to home, because it's really a question about us and the nature of our humanity. Bottom line -- what makes us human and not a snake? If you walk, talk and are smart, are you then a person? Or can you still be a snake?

The snake, perhaps, forces us to ask: What is the essential dividing line between man and animal?

[B]

You are to look about the Serpent Seed around yourself and your friends.
We know who Barth is but did he also believe in the forced copulation of a "human reptile" beast with a woman would lead to the necessary chromosomal exchange to create little Dans? This might make credible doctrine in the foothills of Kentucky or in storefront meetings in Indiana ... in the 1950's but please ... don't start spreading horse hockey pucks here in my office.

If Peter Caroli, a street preacher/priest and professor ... who left the Roman church a handful of times to join the Reformation only to return to the mother church time after time, said Calvin was a modalist than surely its true .... despite the fact that most early reformers were wary of affirming the ancient creeds ... including Luther who was wary of using the extra-biblical term "trinitas" but Calvin in no way rejected the mystery of the Trinity and used the term in his own writings to express the Godhead.

He personally gave Caroli the smackdown in 1537.

Please sir ... branch out and read .... you are the William Chalfant and Marvin Arnold of Branhamism showcasing your own spurious scholarship.
If you want to believe Calvin was just like you, GO FOR IT, you're free to be WRONG.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/152474/Pa...an_Debates.pdf

Most, if not all, learned scholars agree that the bulk of Calvin's writing are trinitarian ... even the casual reader of his Institutes can read for themselves... even the snippet you believe somehow reflects a rejection of the eternal Sonship is wrought with ambiguity in isolation, does not say what you want it to mean, and when juxtaposed to his other writings only shows that this is a fallacious argument of convenience.

"Though not mentioned in the paper, Berkhof defends Calvin’s orthodox view of the eternal generation of the Son:

It is sometimes said that Calvin denied the eternal generation of the Son. This assertion is based on the following passage: “For what is the profit of disputing whether the Father always generates, seeing that it is foolish to imagine a continuous act of generating when it is evident that three persons have subsisted in one God from eternity.” Institutes I. 13, 29. But this statement can hardly be intended as a denial of the eternal generation of the Son, since he teaches this explicitly in other passages. It is more likely that it is simply an expression of disagreement with the Nicene speculation about eternal generation as a perpetual movement, always complete, and yet never completed. (Quoted from Berkhof, History of Christian Doctrines, 95-96.)"

Last edited by DAII; 12-20-2010 at 08:23 AM.