Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Question the Four Blood Moons

Pardon me if this has been discussed on here already. I haven't checked in for quite a while just because my life has been very busy!!

Last week when I went to the doctor, our doctor asked me if I had read a book called "The Four Blood Moons". He highly recommended it. Today I am seeing things about it on Facebook. In fact, I was led to this article about John Hagee who it sounds like started this whole thing....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1754601

So, my question is: have you read it? What's your opinion?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Not riding the train

Re: the Four Blood Moons

Margie, I don't know if there is anything to it or not. My first thought is "fear mongering", so I don't pay much attention to it.

When the article states that Hagee is saying that God is trying to communicate to humans with celestial signs, I immediately realize the correction would be that the Holy Ghost communicates with us. That could very well be the wording the author of the article chose, yet still - It is all about the Comforter and the reason God had to go away to come again to be "in" us. So, I listen to that still small voice to confirm things to me.

I was never alarmed over Y2K because God never spoke to me about it. Same thing here.

That's what I think about it.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered Saint

I read it. A friend gave it to me. I guess they were trying to spread the "word".

The whole premise of the book is that blood moons have happened before AND a few times something major has happened to the nation of Israel or the Jews. But even John Hagee admits in one spot that blood moons have happened many times and nothing has happened. Blood Moons are a natural phenomenon and are happening again in their natural cycle. With the preconceived notion that we are in the end times this leads to the conclusion that this is a sign to warn us that everything will end soon.

I am not worried. I actually laugh at this stuff. If you are right with the Lord it doesn't matter what happens. If the world end tomorrow I am OK as long as I am "in Christ".

Why do they bring extra biblical preaching into the spotlight? Cause they don't want to preach the Word of God.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Administrator

I read it, but John Hagee was not the first to bring this to light. In fact, in his book he admits Mark Blitz. A jew, is the one that sent him on the track of finding out about it.

It is a rare event to have four blood moons back to back with a total e lispe included in it. The significance of it is for or about the Jews.

If you remember God led the wisemen to Jesus with a star. Scripture talks about the sun, moon and stars.

I would not blow it off as nothing, but we should always be ready at anytime.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Registered Saint

I am ready at anytime.

BUT it is hard to take something serious when you have to pay $15 for a book.

If John Hagee really believe this he would spend his own money to buy commercial time on major networks telling people to get ready and get right with the Lord.

My humble opinion.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered Saint

I am not pointing my finger at anybody here.

But some people seem to be on a "End Times" High. They just can not wait for the Antichrist to show up. Every time anything happens you can see the glint in their eyes. They are giddy that billions are about ready to die and they will have a front row seat to the bloodbath.

I am not one of these people. I am a Christian. Maybe these people could call themselves Darbyites, since they are so in love with John Nelson Darby's ideas.

Do most people know Darby fell of a horse and hit his head? Because after this happened he came up with this great idea about the end times.

If you are going to be a Darbyite you might as well follow Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer that went on to create Scientology. Scientology believes that aliens brought us hear to earth or created us or something crazy like that.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:04 PM
crakjak

If God was trying to communicate to us a warning or info about "the end" seems to me, that He has much better and effective ways to do so. A "blood moon" at two am in the morning when all the northern hemisphere is sleeping???? Not so much!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
If God was trying to communicate to us a warning or info about "the end" seems to me, that He has much better and effective ways to do so. A "blood moon" at two am in the morning when all the northern hemisphere is sleeping???? Not so much!!!
Maybe He knows His faithful will be "watching as well as praying".

Then again, the end can't come until EVERYONE in the whole world alive at any given moment has heard the Gospel of Christ, right?

While we need to get ready and stay ready, the whole word has not heard the Gospel yet.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:23 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

Then again, the end can't come until EVERYONE in the whole world alive at any given moment has heard the Gospel of Christ, right?

While we need to get ready and stay ready, the whole word has not heard the Gospel yet.
I just don't believe God is a trickster, He has a plan and a purpose and it is coming to pass, when the purpose of this world of good and evil is served, all the creation will be redeemed and brought into right relationship to the Creator and each other. Evil will be dealt with, death will be no more, and on and on!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

The whole world has already heard the Gospel of Christ.

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.