Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
If you read my posts without bias, you will see that I said exactly that a couple of times only differently.
I knew that would get a reaction ... lol.

Pants, whether worn by a male or female, in and of themselves, are not a sin.

Period.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I read this post and thought "surely Dan can't argue with this". Then I looked at the next post and found I was wrong!

DAN, what's to argue with? He's preaching Holy Ghost conviction and not a standard man made standard of modesty.
Holy Ghost conviction in most OP circles is code for disdaining frowns and peer pressure that eventually convict.

It's hooey.

What if the HG says she can wear them indefinitely ... can she w/o being marginalized"... can she minister w/ them on ... can she go to church w/ them ... can she teach Sunday School w/ them ???... or will the excuse be "we've got a dress code for ministry"
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
We could dance around this all night!

Fact is you did not want any one adding to the scripture. I want the same thing... even from your point of view. There are scriptural principles that are clear and specific named sins that are clear. Going so far as to define what is and isn't sin based on a principle is dangerous ground.

Let God be God and his Word and Spirit in parallel be your guide! You can't go wrong. Just stay out of extra-Biblical expostulations... either pro or con a particular view.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Holy Ghost conviction in most OP circles is code for disdaining frowns and peer pressure that eventually convict.

It's hooey.
I don't believe human intimidation is what PJ was talking about.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I don't believe human intimidation is what PJ was talking about.
I've been around moderates long enough to know that the Holy Ghost never says its okay.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

It's hooey.

What if the HG says she can wear them indefinitely ... can she w/o being marginalized"... can she minister w/ them on ... can she go to church w/ them ... can she teach Sunday School w/ them ???... or will the excuse be "we've got a dress code for ministry"
Some things are culture driven and may be allowed by scripture but not culture. And that not allowed by culture may be allowed by God. Like wearing of pants by a woman in a UPC church.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I've been around moderates long enough to know that the Holy Ghost never says its okay.
Never says what is okay? toothpaste and floss?

Old 12-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Some things are culture driven and may be allowed by scripture but not culture. And that not allowed by culture may be allowed by God. Like wearing of pants by a woman in a UPC church.

Agreed ... yet PJ demands a scripture saying it's allowed. We sin against the Word ... not culture.

BTW, my good man is not UPC.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Never says what is okay? toothpaste and floss?
Quite frankly I think God's Spirit is too busy to be dealing w/ such pettiness ... when we're so screwed up as it is.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 PM
philjones

Quote:
Dan,

My wife wears slacks. I DO NOT believe they are keeping her out of the Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. It is her lack of the indwelling Holy Spirit of our God that is keeping her out of the Kingdom of God. Of course that is another argument... but in keeping with this one that you insist on pursuing what I have said is my belief.

Now, this could branch out into pastoral authority and all of the other stuff you don't believe in but in this discussion, I believe that the Spirit is my guide and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the determining factor for me.

i posted in the CM Becton thread exactly how I feel about all of this. Go read it and find out what this meaneth.

i never would have guessed you were a self righteous judge, Dan!