Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Have you ever walked alone?

If you have to ask, you probably have not.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

Re: Have you ever walked alone?

i'm sure you have a verse for us, that might highlight your thoughts here?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

After about a year or so following my conversion, I experienced an extended period when it seemed as if God had simply walked away and forgotten all about me. This feeling of being deserted grew to be so intense that on a Sunday evening before leaving my home to attend worship services, I stood in my bedroom and prayed, telling God that either He give me some assurance that I was still His "adopted" son while at church that evening, or He could have my life because without Him I had no hope.

Well, would you believe it! He answered that prayer in a most powerful way shortly after worship service began as we were all singing and praising Him. Suddenly, like someone had "flipped a switch," everyone ceased singing, and there was a "message in tongues." When the interpretation was given, and I know any of those in attendance could have believed it was for them, but I knew different.

It began with a verbal chastening for my lack of faith, and then the assurance: "Did I not tell you that I would never leave nor forsake you?" I received a re-generation of the Holy Ghost such as never been equaled, and have never entertained doubts about my relationship with Him since, although there have been, and continues to be, some lengthy periods when I do not sense His presence.

Today I know what it means to walk NOT by feelings or sight, rather to "walk by faith," resting always in the assurance that NOTHING shall ever remove me from His loving arms!
Old 03-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Banned

amen! i have def witnessed that God seems to take steps away from us, so to speak, so that we may grow out to Him...is the best way of putting it that comes to mind.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
amen! i have def witnessed that God seems to take steps away from us, so to speak, so that we may grow out to Him...is the best way of putting it that comes to mind.
I agree!

Here's a portion of an interpretation of a "message in tongues" received at the Pentecostals of Alexandria assembly in the late 1980s. I think it expresses it best .....

"I love thee! Yea, beyond thine own understanding, I love thee. Sometimes it would appear to thee that MY love is not extended unto thee, but that is when I am trying and testing thee, and seeking to draw thee even higher unto Me."

Comforting and most reassuring, indeed!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Good. But have you ever walked away from the crowd to stand your ground.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Banned

well, that might quickly fall into self-aggrandizement, and since i might easily justify how i might have, and be found out a hypocrite, maybe illuminating some less personal examples might be in order i am as quick to adore worship as anyone

but i will say that misfits are more like pushed from a crowd, so give a different reflection of this.

Last edited by shazeep; 03-02-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
Good. But have you ever walked away from the crowd to stand your ground.

YES! Providing, of course, my "ground" is solid, based on the precepts of the Bible!