Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: GNCM Conference @ Christ Church Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The Pope is a Muslim.
You really ought to honk and wave while you're pestering everybody in this part of the country.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
What? Oh! Me? ... Sure.

You're on the ropes on at least two points here.

First, empirically define "speaking in tongues" in such a way as to set a gold standard that we can use worldwide to determine just who has truly "received" this and who has not. Since this is your standard of salvation I want a clear delineation between the "saved" and the "unsaved."

Next, bring me a surgeon with a scalpel, a bottle of Novocaine and a willing subject on the verge of "receiving" and we'll do an experiment. Even maimed, if he is sincere our subject will be "saved" - tongue or no tongue.

I guess you have never see and heard a deaf and dumb person speak in tongues when they received the HG? Well I have!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
He not only is NOT a man of God he ain't even saved besides that he should be good.

Br. Epley I thought I read some where that this forum was apostolic, it seem I was mistaken. What do you think?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

I guess you have never see and heard a deaf and dumb person speak in tongues when they received the HG? Well I have!
What language was it?

Did it sound the same before they were filled?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
How cruel your society must be to surgically remove the tongues of its "deaf and dumb" citizens. If your country would grant just basic rights to these unfortunate members of your community I'm certain that everyone would be elevated and have a higher opinion of even themselves.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
What language was it?

Did it sound the same before they were filled?
coadie when you're on the mark - you're unstoppable.

My point Light, was to ask you to consider whether or not a person who had no tongue at all could receive the Holy Ghost. Strange as this may appear at first, several years ago I met a dear lady who was suffering from cancer in her jaw. Eventually, they had to remove her whole lower jaw and tongue and the associated muscles. This was her condition when we first met. She did receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit but no, I never heard her speak a single syllable "in tongues," or at all for that matter. Ever.

But when she passed on her family and even her "unsaved" acquaintances all testified of her remarkable salvation and the wonderful things that God had done in her life. She had "the evidence" of the baptism of the Holy Ghost - but it just didn't involve the tongue at all. God forbid that I should put a hedge around people that keeps them from the Kingdom.

Last edited by pelathais; 08-25-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

I have seen and heard the deaf recieve the HGB. This is an old Baptist & COC reasoning some on here have more in common with them then the Apostolic Church.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
coadie when you're on the mark - you're unstoppable.

My point Light, was to ask you to consider whether or not a person who had no tongue at all could receive the Holy Ghost. Strange as this may appear at first, several years ago I met a dear lady who was suffering from cancer in her jaw. Eventually, they had to remove her whole lower jaw and tongue and the associated muscles. This was her condition when we first met. She did receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit but no, I never heard her speak a single syllable "in tongues," or at all for that matter. Ever.

But when she passed on her family and even her "unsaved" acquaintances all testified of her remarkable salvation and the wonderful things that God had done in her life. She had "the evidence" of the baptism of the Holy Ghost - but it just didn't involve the tongue at all. God forbid that I should put a hedge around people that keeps them from the Kingdom.
So you don't believe God is able to cause a person with no tongue to audiably speak in the Spirit.
Do you even believe he made a donkey speak?

It never ceases to amaze me the limits people who claim to be apostolic put on God.

I'm sorry but if a person does not speak in tongues they have not received the Holy Ghost.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Honorary Admin

Yeah, I know....we're just a bunch of apostates whose Christianity is so watered down that we don't even believe in sin anymore. Why, we're probably even the reason for current economic melt-down.

It gets old, but everyone has a right to their opinion.

I've had some pretty nasty things said to me before by tongue talkers who professed to have the Holy Ghost, but whose attitude was far worse than many who have never spoken in tongues.

Jesus was VERY clear about those who did things like miracles, etc. in HIS name but who did not have a relationship with Him.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Yeah, I know....we're just a bunch of apostates whose Christianity is so watered down that we don't even believe in sin anymore. Why, we're probably even the reason for current economic melt-down.

It gets old, but everyone has a right to their opinion.

I've had some pretty nasty things said to me before by tongue talkers who professed to have the Holy Ghost, but whose attitude was far worse than many who have never spoken in tongues.

Jesus was VERY clear about those who did things like miracles, etc. in HIS name but who did not have a relationship with Him.
Yep ONLY tongue talkers have nasty attitudes I guess all those guys on talk radio both right & left must speak in tongues!