Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
This is the cats meow for LC9 Concealed Carry.

http://technaclip.com/
Mmmm. I'm not quite sure how you draw using that.

Speaking of which, I have actually been carrying my Glock 19 (which I'm still comfortable with considering it does not have a safety and I always carry with one in the chamber -and Unregistered should too!). I have a cheap Blackhawk holster from Walmart and carry in about the 2 o'clock position with my shirt untucked and (hopefully) covering it.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post

Speaking of which, I have actually been carrying my Glock 19 (which I'm still comfortable with considering it does not have a safety and I always carry with one in the chamber -and Unregistered should too!). I have a cheap Blackhawk holster from Walmart and carry in about the 2 o'clock position with my shirt untucked and (hopefully) covering it.
Inside the pants I clip it over the belt. Hook your finger under the clip and around the gun. Great for pocket carry. And is nice to boot carry, but access isn't very good that way.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:

My grandfather always told me a unloaded gun is no good.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Jerry Moon

This is my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.4 KB, 4 views)

Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
My grandfather always told me a unloaded gun is no good.
James Yeager, one of the big YouTube gun guys always "danger checks" his guns which consists of slamming in a full mag, loading a round, then making sure the safety is off. "There. Now it's safe."

Last edited by RandyWayne; 04-16-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
This is my favorite.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Jerry Moon

My daughter did the art work.... :-)

Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Director Of MO Department Of Revenue Resigns In Wake Of CCW Scandal

Missouri for the past month has dealt with a massive scandal: the illegal surrender of its full conceal-carry permit list to the federal government based on the bogus premise of an “investigation” which magically disappeared after the list was received. Now the head of one of the departments in the middle of the scandal has resigned:
http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013...f-ccw-scandal/

The Bogus Investigation:
Social Security fraud investigator dropped project
UPDATE (4/15): On Monday, the Office of the Inspector General for the Social Security Administration emailed the Post-Dispatch to reverse its position. The agency now says the disc was not readable. Please read the updated story here.

ORIGINAL POST:
A federal agent who received information on all of Missouri’s concealed carry permit holders decided not to pursue his investigation after obtaining a readable disc earlier this year, a federal official said Friday.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...L7RqaU.twitter

IMO They are liars and should be thrown in jail for violating the law. This guy resigns, big deal. He broke the law. Send him and all those cohorts to jail. I have stayed away from CC because I felt it was a backdoor registration. That apparently has been proven correct.

The "federal agent" now says the disc was unreadable. Does anyone seriously believe that bologna?

The ATF also wanted Missouri's CCW info:
The Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman says he’s learned that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms also wanted a list of Missouri concealed carry permit holders’ names, Social Security numbers and dates of birth.

Senator Kurt Schaefer (R-Columbia) says according to an internal e-mail from the Highway Patrol, when the Social Security Administration requested a list of Missouri concealed carry permit holders, it said it was to conduct a joint investigation with the ATF.
http://www.missourinet.com/2013/04/1...r-information/

These crooked politicians and govt. employee's - federal agents and all - need to go to jail. I will not hold my breath...
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I have too many kids around to carry my pistol racked. However my primary home defensive weapon is a .357 magnum revolver that is ready to go at the pull of a trigger.

Because my two young grandchildren (3 and 4) live with us right now even when they move out in a few weeks will be visiting three or four times a week I take precautions that I would not do if it were just me and my wife in the house.

I also am a bit of a klutz so if there is any way to shoot yourself with a semi auto that has no safety racked in a holster I would find a way to do it (google "Tex shooting himself" for exhibit"A".)

Speaking of which I wanted a conceal carry piece smaller than my new Springfield XDm compact so was looking at the Ruger LC9 and Beretta Nano when I ran across a 9mm that is just 15 ounces but holds 10 rounds. American made SCCY CPX-2 gen 2. A great carry piece with a good reputation and lifetime warranty. Cheaper than Dirt got some in for $259 with free shipping so I grabbed one. Bought it yesterday online and late last night got a ship notice.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I have too many kids around to carry my pistol racked. However my primary home defensive weapon is a .357 magnum revolver that is ready to go at the pull of a trigger.

Because my two young grandchildren (3 and 4) live with us right now even when they move out in a few weeks will be visiting three or four times a week I take precautions that I would not do if it were just me and my wife in the house.

I also am a bit of a klutz so if there is any way to shoot yourself with a semi auto that has no safety racked in a holster I would find a way to do it (google "Tex shooting himself" for exhibit"A".)

Speaking of which I wanted a conceal carry piece smaller than my new Springfield XDm compact so was looking at the Ruger LC9 and Beretta Nano when I ran across a 9mm that is just 15 ounces but holds 10 rounds. American made SCCY CPX-2 gen 2. A great carry piece with a good reputation and lifetime warranty. Cheaper than Dirt got some in for $259 with free shipping so I grabbed one. Bought it yesterday online and late last night got a ship notice.
Let me know how it shoots. My primary carry is the LC9 but it isn't particularly fun to shoot because of its size. In fact, I only use 115 grain full metal jacket cheap ammo in it because the better hollow point stuff (124 grain and larger) is even more unpleasant to use. I know in a situation where I had to use it, other than at the range, I wouldn't care how much it kicked or stung, but still. . . .

We're in a situation where it is just us so we both have at least a couple of guns laying around where all we would have to do is pick up, point, pull the trigger, and give the perp a real bad day. If we had any kids or kids visiting we do NOT have them in the same places.