Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I just want attention?? from who random people on a forum.. and are you all grammar teachers, you catch the miss spelled word, but over look my entire point.
I was asked my opinion so i gave it, and that's what it is, an opinion..

I stand by my comment of "plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people, That is what the UPCI is really suppose to be all about."
its true or organization can be so caught up on rules and regulation that we miss what we are suppose to be all about. THE GREAT COMMISSION " Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
and an example of this would be the recent split.
Opinions are like noses - everyone has one.

Got a feeling this isn't going to end well for you -- but, you were warned.

Exactly what do you think are the stupid rules?

I'm still puzzled by a couple of things - the impact of the WPF on local churches in Canada (none) and how the leadership of Canada came to be centered in New Brunswick and seem to share their aspirations and dilemmas with a Bible school boy.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Hey i was just wondering who you are Bullwinkle because you can hide yourself and talk big but at least i am not hiding behind my user name.

stupid rules would be things in the UPCI handbook that are not "doctrine", Which i have taken and passed may I add.

and if everyone has an openion then what is yours on this issue?
Do you think the UPCI is perfect?

I am not down talking the UPCI at all i am just stating what i think. This is a forum and that's what you do. I am very mush for the growth of the UPCI and what Brother Bernard is doing is just wonderful, he is leading us in the right direction.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Hey i was just wondering who you are Bullwinkle because you can hide yourself and talk big but at least i am not hiding behind my user name.

stupid rules would be things in the UPCI handbook that are not "doctrine", Which i have taken and passed may I add.

and if everyone has an openion then what is yours on this issue?
Do you think the UPCI is perfect?

I am not down talking the UPCI at all i am just stating what i think. This is a forum and that's what you do. I am very mush for the growth of the UPCI and what Brother Bernard is doing is just wonderful, he is leading us in the right direction.
Bro. Arkie

It is true that I choose to use a username although it certainly is not from any need to hide from Bible school boys. Nor is it from a need to make myself appear bigger than I am, I've lived long enough to realize just how insignificant I am.

No, I don't think the UPC is perfect.

Congratulations on passing your doctrine 101 class. I wish you every success in learning about doctrine over the next couple of years.

I still would advise that if you wish to get anywhere in life, particularly in the UPC, that you realize that calling articles of the manual "stupid" is probably not wise, particularly when some of the "leaders" of the UPC in Canada whom you rub shoulders with happen to read AFF. Not smart and probably not going to help your reputation.

Whether you realize it or not I am trying to help you avoid embarassment.

Do what you want, it's a free world...
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Sober Second Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
Bro. Arkie

It is true that I choose to use a username although it certainly is not from any need to hide from Bible school boys. Nor is it from a need to make myself appear bigger than I am, I've lived long enough to realize just how insignificant I am.

No, I don't think the UPC is perfect.

Congratulations on passing your doctrine 101 class. I wish you every success in learning about doctrine over the next couple of years.

I still would advise that if you wish to get anywhere in life, particularly in the UPC, that you realize that calling articles of the manual "stupid" is probably not wise, particularly when some of the "leaders" of the UPC in Canada whom you rub shoulders with happen to read AFF. Not smart and probably not going to help your reputation.

Whether you realize it or not I am trying to help you avoid embarassment.

Do what you want, it's a free world...
Bro. Bullwinkle,

You're a bit late to help Bro. Arkie avoid embarassing himself.

Any aspiring young man who calls the articles of the UPCI "stupid rules" on an open forum is either naive or as dumb as a fence post.

He still has not defined what he meant by "what ever it takes to reach more people." He leaves us to ponder whether he objects to uncut hair, trousered ladies, or just what it is that he defines as "stupid rules."
Old 04-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Bro. Arkie
I noticed you have removed your name, a wise move but a day late and a dollar short.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Wow I missed once again all the drama.Maybe next time!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

It's snowing in Canada
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 215.jpg (94.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
It's snowing in Canada
Triple EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smac k
Old 03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
It's snowing in Canada
Again?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Again?
Just thought y'all should know!