Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
James Griffin's Avatar
James Griffin James Griffin is offline
ultra con (at least here)


 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 1,962
Sis Alvear

To answer your question from another thread.

Yes the Bakers have been involved in Brazilian missions their entire lives.

Jim Baker the chairman of the ACN makes frequent trips there.

Steve Baker his brother has been a near life long missionary there.

Steve in currently in the states, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Through prayers and medical treatment he, as of a couple weeks ago was pronounced cancer free.

However, we just recieved word a literally a few minutes ago, that his wife Renee has gone to the Lord.

Steve and Jim are flying there now to attend to funeral arrangements.

Prayers are appreciatecd.

Jim will be back for the general conference in Arkanas in a couple weeks.

Not sure now if his brother will.

I will also be ordained at the conference.

If you are in the area, please stop in.

I would love to meet you, and the you and the Bakers would no doubt be good to meet and perhaps do some work together in Brazil

Be blessed
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,568
Re: Sis Alevar

yes, thanks...can you send me a phone number and if I am in the area would love to meet with old friends and make new ones.
I am so sorry about Renee. Did she pass away in Brazil?

My e mail is Janalvear@aol.com

The Bakers were some of the first UPC missionaries in Brazil. So that was a long time ago...wow...time flies...
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 AM
James Griffin's Avatar
James Griffin James Griffin is offline
ultra con (at least here)


 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 1,962
Re: Sis Alevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
yes, thanks...can you send me a phone number and if I am in the area would love to meet with old friends and make new ones.
I am so sorry about Renee. Did she pass away in Brazil?

My e mail is Janalvear@aol.com

The Bakers were some of the first UPC missionaries in Brazil. So that was a long time ago...wow...time flies...
Will do. I am on break and need to get back to my project, will email later.

I apologize for the typo in thread name I have requested Admin to correct.

Be blessed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,568
Re: Sis Alevar

I love to meet missionaries...(well there are a few that are odd but most have an overwhelming unexplainable love for a people so different than their own culture) My life has been blessed by meeting so many missionaries and gospel workers.
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,568
Re: Sis Alvear

Samuel Baker was their father.
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,568
Re: Sis Alvear

He worked in the big city of Sao Paulo along with the Norris's and Drosts.
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
acerrak's Avatar
acerrak acerrak is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,664
Re: Sis Alvear

i remember Jentzen franklin talked about Jim in one of his sermons, How we need to show mercy on those who have messed up. He helped Jim by purchasing a recorded so he could stay on the air.

Jim was getting into a foundation for helping homeless kids or something along the lines with children
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,568
Re: Sis Alvear

There are so many homeless children in Brazil...
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
PastorDaniel's Avatar
PastorDaniel PastorDaniel is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114
Re: Sis Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
i remember Jentzen franklin talked about Jim in one of his sermons, How we need to show mercy on those who have messed up. He helped Jim by purchasing a recorded so he could stay on the air.

Jim was getting into a foundation for helping homeless kids or something along the lines with children
Not the same Jim Baker....The former big name Tele-evangelist that messed up was Jim Bakker...last name has two "k"s....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:40 PM
PastorDaniel's Avatar
PastorDaniel PastorDaniel is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114
Re: Sis Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
To answer your question from another thread.

Yes the Bakers have been involved in Brazilian missions their entire lives.

Jim Baker the chairman of the ACN makes frequent trips there.

Steve Baker his brother has been a near life long missionary there.

Steve in currently in the states, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Through prayers and medical treatment he, as of a couple weeks ago was pronounced cancer free.

However, we just recieved word a literally a few minutes ago, that his wife Renee has gone to the Lord.

Steve and Jim are flying there now to attend to funeral arrangements.

Prayers are appreciatecd.

Jim will be back for the general conference in Arkanas in a couple weeks.

Not sure now if his brother will.

I will also be ordained at the conference.

If you are in the area, please stop in.

I would love to meet you, and the you and the Bakers would no doubt be good to meet and perhaps do some work together in Brazil

Be blessed
Bro. James,

I believe Bro. James Baker's brother that has cancer is Tim. Steve is his other brother that is a missionary in Brazil. Tim was approved to go as a missionary I think, but he had to stay back for Cancer treatment.

Blessings, Daniel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sis. Alvear OneAccord Fellowship Hall 11 12-06-2007 08:59 AM
Where is Sis. Alvear? Consapostolic1 Fellowship Hall 3 11-07-2007 05:14 PM
Sis Alvear berkeley Fellowship Hall 6 06-05-2007 08:49 PM
For Sis. Alvear Margies3 Missions Area 1 03-27-2007 02:11 PM
Sis Alvear will appreciate these........ Margies3 Fellowship Hall 1 03-20-2007 09:10 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by n david
- by jfrog

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.