Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-30-2019, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Re: Women Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
I don't get it. Some are so worried about a woman wearing a pair of pants. Yet I hear of so little about the spirit of man being kept in check. With what a man sees everyday when he goes anywhere they should be more worried about their own spirit and not about their women looking like they came out of the early 1900's
I would have to agree!!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

I have noticed that several have declared that a skirt or dress is more modest than pants. I’m not sure that is the case. It seems to me that a woman in a skirt or dress is more attractive. Maybe I’m just thinking about my own preference.

So I wonder, what would a professional man attractor (read prostitute) wear?

I’m thinking that they’re going with the skirt or dress. I’m not sure but it seems that on the occasions that I have seen women that I perceived to be prostitutes, they were wearing revealing dresses. I have to admit, I’m no expert though.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
I don't get it. Some are so worried about a woman wearing a pair of pants. Yet I hear of so little about the spirit of man being kept in check. With what a man sees everyday when he goes anywhere they should be more worried about their own spirit and not about their women looking like they came out of the early 1900's
This thread is about "women wearing pants". If you want the topic of the spirit of a man, start a thread about it.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
This thread is about "women wearing pants". If you want the topic of the spirit of a man, start a thread about it.
No problem, you can beat a dead horse so much though. Deut. 22:5 has been gone over on this forum so many times it has because ridicules and only a small percentage of people read it the way that oneness Pentecostals do any way. So all you are doing is trying to keep something alive that does not have meaning to the rest of Christendom any way.

Goes with 1 Corinthians 11 too. The way some read it to mean women are not to cut their hair. Or wear a head covering in our day. But carry on
Old 07-31-2019, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

"Ladies any man that lusts after you will answer to God for his mental adultery, but you will answer to God if you provoked him by the manner in which you are dressed." (Reverend Al Martin)

I know nothing of Brother Martin beyond this quote here that's circulated the web for some time. I don't know if he was holiness, Pentecostal, or neither. I haven't the slightest idea.

However, I do know there's truth to his statement.

His quote doesn't give men a free pass, but it also doesn't give the women the right to dress as they please, either. The Bible talks about a woman maintaining a modest appearance, while it tells us guys to keep control of our thoughts.

The two go hand-in-hand. Modesty is gender plural, applying equally to male and female. We each maintain modest appearances to represent Christ and likewise be a light to a dark and dying world.

Sure, I've seen women that wear pants dress modestly. I don't automatically think that a woman wearing pants is immodest. If they are worn loosely and with the proper tops, modesty isn't necessarily thrown out the window.

HOWEVER, I must say that's only half the commandment Jesus has asked of His ladies. He specifically instructed women not to wear that which "pertaineth" unto a man.

Pants pertain to men. It's that simple.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
"Ladies any man that lusts after you will answer to God for his mental adultery, but you will answer to God if you provoked him by the manner in which you are dressed." (Reverend Al Martin)

I know nothing of Brother Martin beyond this quote here that's circulated the web for some time. I don't know if he was holiness, Pentecostal, or neither. I haven't the slightest idea.

However, I do know there's truth to his statement.

His quote doesn't give men a free pass, but it also doesn't give the women the right to dress as they please, either. The Bible talks about a woman maintaining a modest appearance, while it tells us guys to keep control of our thoughts.

The two go hand-in-hand. Modesty is gender plural, applying equally to male and female. We each maintain modest appearances to represent Christ and likewise be a light to a dark and dying world.

Sure, I've seen women that wear pants dress modestly. I don't automatically think that a woman wearing pants is immodest. If they are worn loosely and with the proper tops, modesty isn't necessarily thrown out the window.

HOWEVER, I must say that's only half the commandment Jesus has asked of His ladies. He specifically instructed women not to wear that which "pertaineth" unto a man.

Pants pertain to men. It's that simple.
this is the most ridiculous post on this thread!!!
Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Would you feel comfortable wearing hot pink yoga pants?

I’m just curious how far you would take your belief that pants are for men.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Color makes no matter. Pants were intended for men.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:41 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

If your eye offend you....pluck it out. Your own eye. There a lot of responsiblity placed on self in that that ones own lusts are to be dealt with personally.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Color makes no matter. Pants were intended for men.
I have no dog in this fight, but tell that to ancient Chinese women who wore them before any man did while picking rice in the rice fields.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."