Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

New Messianic TLV Bible!!!!!

There is a new "tree of life" version messianic bible. translated by a team of 32 jewish messianic and christian PHD's. from what i have compared the old testament is 100 times better than any kjv, niv, mev or esv. i don't like that they redacted john 3:13 or put "he" instead of God in 1 Tim 3:16, but the old testament translation is better than any other translation and it's worth getting the bible for the old testament translation alone.

here is a short intro video (2 min)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR...Nhr9Kfu9dgQarw

Last edited by Dedicated Mind; 05-03-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: New Messianic TLV Bible!!!!!

the tlv uses yeshua instead of jesus, adonai instead of lord, traditional jewish book order (with the prophets then the psalms)
Old 05-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Are you able to share a few examples of passages?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good so far. Wonder how they do Isaiah 9:6? BTW I could not connect with the IM you sent the other day. Was it about this?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

Its not that new. Ive had it for Esword for a while now

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 Now the earth was chaos and waste, darkness was on the surface of the deep, and the Ruach Elohim was hovering upon the surface of the water.

Exo 6:3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob, as El Shaddai. Yet by My Name, Adonai, I made Myself known to them?

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Yeshua the Messiah happened this way. When His mother Miriam was engaged to Joseph but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Ruach ha-Kodesh.
Mat 1:19 And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her publicly, made up his mind to dismiss her secretly.
Mat 1:20 But while he considered these things, behold, an angel of Adonai appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Miriam as your wife, for the Child conceived in her is from the Ruach ha-Kodesh.
Mat 1:21 She will give birth to a son; and you shall call His name Yeshua, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Act 2:1 When the day of Shavuot had come, they were all together in one place.
Act 2:2 Suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And tongues like fire spreading out appeared to them and settled on each one of them.
Act 2:4 They were all filled with the Ruach ha-Kodesh and began to speak in other tongues as the Ruach enabled them to speak out.

Act 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and let each of you be immersed in the name of Messiah Yeshua for the removal of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach ha-Kodesh.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

Isa 9:5 For to us a child is born, a son will be given to us, and the government will be upon His shoulder. His Name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God My Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:6 Of the increase of His government and shalom there will be no end—on the throne of David and over His kingdom—to establish it and uphold it through justice and righteousness from now until forevermore. The zeal of Adonai-Tzva’ot will accomplish this.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Why translate Greek words into transliterated Hebrew in a Bible for English speakers?

Why, to sell Consumerians a new thing, that's why!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Sounds good so far. Wonder how they do Isaiah 9:6? BTW I could not connect with the IM you sent the other day. Was it about this?
mtd, praxeas quoted Isa 9:6 the text sometimes leans towards a jewish interpretation where there is a distinction between the father and messiah, but a lot of problem verses are more precise:

gen 49:22 a fruitful son is joseph, a fruitful son beside a spring- daughters walk along a wall. the archers were bitter and shot arrows and were hostile towards him.

mtd, my im was about setting a time to chat on paltalk, just to catch up. just post a date and eastern time if you can.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

How does Psalm 22:16 read?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Isa 9:5 For to us a child is born, a son will be given to us, and the government will be upon His shoulder. His Name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God My Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:6 Of the increase of His government and shalom there will be no end—on the throne of David and over His kingdom—to establish it and uphold it through justice and righteousness from now until forevermore. The zeal of Adonai-Tzva’ot will accomplish this.
How does Matthew 28:19 Luke 24:47 and Mark 16:16-17 reads?