Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Ladies: What are some topics you've taught on?

I am just curious to know if any of you ladies teach and what you teach on? I enjoy teachings especially for women...

...and not the "women keep silent in the church" lolol!!!...

I was blessed to be able to speak to some ladies one time... I talked about how in Proverbs, strenght and honor are a woman's clothing. We clothe ourselves with strength and honor, but sometimes, we don't feel soo strong. You all know, remember that song, "The warrior is a child" The part where, "They don't know that I go running home when I fall down, cause deep inside this armour, the warrior is a child" I have felt like that many a time. When you go through trials, and you keep walking and people say, "wow, why is soo strong" or "that is a strong woman" and you keep your head up and carry on....Sometimes, I just feel to weak. But we find out our strength comes from God, and are strong in the power of His might. There are times when I don't want to be strong, but I have to be. Oh but when I am weak, He is strong!

...so what are yall teaching/ preaching/ ????
Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Depends on who I am talking to.

I have spoken on:

Love
Fruit of the Spirit
Spiritual Warfare

Can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

What have I spoken on? A variety of topics.

I've used Cynthia Heald's books for ladies Bible studies. They're very good. The first one she wrote is "Becoming A Woman Of Excellence". I've used that one. It was "excellent". Then she wrote 3 or 4 more after that. I definitely recommend them.

I'll get back to this thread later.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Beaux's li'l buddy............

This is so not fair..... I dont get to give my topics that I teach to ladies.... oh I feel so hurt and left out....

J/K
Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post

I've used Cynthia Heald's books for ladies Bible studies. They're very good. The first one she wrote is "Becoming A Woman Of Excellence". I've used that one. It was "excellent". Then she wrote 3 or 4 more after that. I definitely recommend them.

I would love to hear more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintMovin View Post
This is so not fair..... I dont get to give my topics that I teach to ladies.... oh I feel so hurt and left out....

J/K
Oh please, we hear yalls topics every Sunday morning...and Sunday night...and Wed...lolol frankly, we'd like to hear something pertaining to us!!!!!! lolJK

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

the godhead (who God is)<- my fav topic, salvation, how the devil comes after new souls and they have to pray and understand that it is not always easy, these are just a few I've taught on recently
Old 03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

I haven't taught on it, but one of the most memorable messages I ever heard in Pentecost was by Marietta Wolfe at a Ladies Retreat. She talked about how we are like the fragrance of the honeysuckle. How our lives color the very world (air) around us just by us being WHO we are - daughters of God.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I would love to hear more!!!
I've taught on ........
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence

• Becoming a Woman of Prayer

• Becoming a Woman of Freedom

• Becoming a Woman of Purpose

All these as I said earlier are by Cynthia Heald who I think does a good job. Of course we use them as a guide and add our own thoughts and teach what reflects our own doctrinal position, etc.

I've also used some of Joy Haney's "Women of the Spirit" material ... and other stuff as well.

I've also spoken on a number of topics in the past - not just in the teaching mode. I haven't done any public speaking for the past 3 years but have to speak at our next women's meeting the end of this month, so I need to get something prepared for that.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
delete account

My favorite teachings, things I spoke on were:

The Spiritual Disciplines
Liberty and Freedom in Christ
The young women's role in the church [before I got old]
New Converts Class/In My Father's House
Divorce Recovery

The Glass Ceiling in Corporate America
Inequality in the workplace
Customer Service issues
Inservices for Workplace trainings
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
All these as I said earlier are by Cynthia Heald who I think does a good job. Of course we use them as a guide and add our own thoughts and teach what reflects our own doctrinal position, etc.

I've also used some of Joy Haney's "Women of the Spirit" material ... and other stuff as well.

I've also spoken on a number of topics in the past - not just in the teaching mode. I haven't done any public speaking for the past 3 years but have to speak at our next women's meeting the end of this month, so I need to get something prepared for that.
why not?

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes