Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Agnostic. And, uh, what are you trying to say in answer to my post? Can't make sense of it, sorry.
My post was in response to yours about proof. You and marcbee are here with 99.999% who believe in God. We argue about scriptures; however we do not argue about the existence of God because we are FAITH based and do not feel we have to prove God. You and marcbee are the only ones who are outright atheist (or agnostic ie...not sure) and you feel as if though we on this forum have to prove to you as though God exists. Does that help?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
I have read through some of this thread including a lot of what marbee and Timmy had to say about them being atheists.

Well, I have something to add. One of the most beautiful things about FAITH is that I do not have to prove there is a God. I live joyously with that FAITH. Without FAITH it is impossible to please God. If I am wrong, then, of course, I have lost NOTHING, and neither has the atheist.

However, if atheism is wrong, then the only thing the atheist loses is eternal life with a God who is only pleased by FAITH. Atheists can live their lives with freedom until death and unfortunately the burden of proof will always be upon them and they will be consumed with their beliefs as is apparent with the constant argument of the fact that there is no God. Good luck with your beliefs.
(bump) for Timmy who is NOT SURE
Old 09-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
My post was in response to yours about proof. You and marcbee are here with 99.999% who believe in God. We argue about scriptures; however we do not argue about the existence of God because we are FAITH based and do not feel we have to prove God. You and marcbee are the only ones who are outright atheist (or agnostic ie...not sure) and you feel as if though we on this forum have to prove to you as though God exists. Does that help?
You have a point there. You don't have to prove anything to us. Still, it makes no sense for you guys to insist that we have to prove, say, that there is no afterlife.

Can you prove there is? The Bible saying there is doesn't count. Anyone can write anything about an afterlife that they want to, and there are lots of other ideas around besides the Christian view.

The Christian view? I should have said views. There are lots of those to choose from!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
(bump) for Timmy who is NOT SURE
I was going to let this go, but since you bumped :

If you are wrong and I'm right, then countless gay people have suffered for no reason. Many have killed themselves because of guilt or family rejecting them, etc. Many have suffered at the hands of religiously inspired "conversion" efforts.

If you are wrong, then countless people have stressed over their afterlife for no reason. Some are terrified that they aren't "saved". Some are mourning not just the death of loved ones, but also those loved ones' suffering forever in hell.

If you are wrong, then trillions of dollars have been wasted over the centuries on religious institutions.

But if I'm wrong, then I have no way of knowing who, among all the religions claiming to have the truth, is right. But God, according to you guys, will hold me accountable for my choice. He expects each of us fallible humans to know, somehow, which claims are right and which are bogus. The Bible warns us against false signs and wonders, but doesn't say how to know which are fake.

But you know. Somehow. I guess.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You have a point there. You don't have to prove anything to us. Still, it makes no sense for you guys to insist that we have to prove, say, that there is no afterlife.

Can you prove there is? The Bible saying there is doesn't count. Anyone can write anything about an afterlife that they want to, and there are lots of other ideas around besides the Christian view.

The Christian view? I should have said views. There are lots of those to choose from!
No, I don't have to prove there is an afterlife ;however, 99.99% on this forum believe in an afterlife. Why exactly are you on this forum??????? Not that you aren't welcome, but the burden of proof is upon you. LOL. I have FAITH and you have "NOT SURE". Also, there have been COUNTLESS testimonies of an afterlife of those with NDE's Just sayin"
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I was going to let this go, but since you bumped :

If you are wrong and I'm right, then countless gay people have suffered for no reason. Many have killed themselves because of guilt or family rejecting them, etc. Many have suffered at the hands of religiously inspired "conversion" efforts.

If you are wrong, then countless people have stressed over their afterlife for no reason. Some are terrified that they aren't "saved". Some are mourning not just the death of loved ones, but also those loved ones' suffering forever in hell.

If you are wrong, then trillions of dollars have been wasted over the centuries on religious institutions.

But if I'm wrong, then I have no way of knowing who, among all the religions claiming to have the truth, is right. But God, according to you guys, will hold me accountable for my choice. He expects each of us fallible humans to know, somehow, which claims are right and which are bogus. The Bible warns us against false signs and wonders, but doesn't say how to know which are fake.

But you know. Somehow. I guess.
Timmy, how does this argument CHANGE anything that I posted?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
No, I don't have to prove there is an afterlife ;however, 99.99% on this forum believe in an afterlife. Why exactly are you on this forum??????? Not that you aren't welcome, but the burden of proof is upon you. LOL. I have FAITH and you have "NOT SURE". Also, there have been COUNTLESS testimonies of an afterlife of those with NDE's Just sayin"
Near-death is not afterlife.

And yes. You have faith. And I'm "not sure". But more specifically, I am not sure about the very existence of a supreme being that created everything. I am relatively more certain that such a being had nothing to do with ANY purported holy books. You think he had nothing to do with any of them except one. Not that much difference between you and me, after all!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Near-death is not afterlife.
AMEN!

Timmy, they don't get it. I have faith, but I think I get it.

Trying to convince an agnostic or an atheist that the Bible is true and that God of the Bible is the one true God (AMEN) is like trying to convince a blind man that the sky is blue.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
AMEN!

Timmy, they don't get it. I have faith, but I think I get it.

Trying to convince an agnostic or an atheist that the Bible is true and that God of the Bible is the one true God (AMEN) is like trying to convince a blind man that the sky is blue.
Yeah! Or, uh, something like that, yeah!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Lol