Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Don't Buy Expensive Ammo!!!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: Don't Buy Expensive Ammo!!!

So, what I got out of this was that if you make a profit from selling ammo on Craigslist or Ebay, you are "screwing people over" but if you make a profit from selling at a store you own, you are not. So, if you want ammo, you should pay MORE at a store so you don't get screwed over by someone else who is charging LESS on Craigslist or Ebay. Huh? So, does this guy own a store where he sells ammo?

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
So, what I got out of this was that if you make a profit from selling ammo on Craigslist or Ebay, you are "screwing people over" but if you make a profit from selling at a store you own, you are not. So, if you want ammo, you should pay MORE at a store so you don't get screwed over by someone else who is charging LESS on Craigslist or Ebay. Huh? So, does this guy own a store where he sells ammo?
No, what people some people are doing are making a business out of going to every Walmart and sporting good store each and every day at the exact time ammo shipments hit the shelf's and buying them up -then turning around and tripling their money on classifieds. If people insist on paying RETAIL price -or what the stores are selling it for, then these MIDDLE middle men will not have a reason to do this anymore.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
No, what people some people are doing are making a business out of going to every Walmart and sporting good store each and every day at the exact time ammo shipments hit the shelf's and buying them up -then turning around and tripling their money on classifieds. If people insist on paying RETAIL price -or what the stores are selling it for, then these MIDDLE middle men will not have a reason to do this anymore.
Or, if people don't want to wait in line or keep checking every day, they pay the Middle Middle Man to do it for them. Capitalism is great! LOL!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Or, if people don't want to wait in line or keep checking every day, they pay the Middle Middle Man to do it for them. Capitalism is great! LOL!
I'm all for capitalism. These people aren't doing anything "wrong" per say, but they are increasing the cost of my own ammo. Capitalism works both ways, it allows people to profit from their own ingenuity and hard work, but also allows people to find the cheapest route to a given product or service. Shoot (pun intended), if I could buy straight from the manufacturer like the gov does, I would and leave out ALL middlemen.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I'm all for capitalism. These people aren't doing anything "wrong" per say, but they are increasing the cost of my own ammo. Capitalism works both ways, it allows people to profit from their own ingenuity and hard work, but also allows people to find the cheapest route to a given product or service. Shoot (pun intended), if I could buy straight from the manufacturer like the gov does, I would and leave out ALL middlemen.
I understand your point but I would rather people use their brains to make money any legitimate way they can rather than take government hand-outs.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Administrator

On days I need to get something from Wal Mart I wait and go at 7 pm as 7-7:30 pm is when the truck arrives that has ammo on it. There are always 3-8 people already waiting for it and I am sure some of them are reselling it as talked about here.

Wal Mart has a 3 box limit on sales though so they cannot wipe out the stock like one store clerk told me about in January. I think it was a Gander Mountain store. He said he put out boxes totaling over 1,000 rounds of .223 and shortly afterwards a guy pushed over his grocery cart and put all 50 boxes in it.

I don't think people buying Wal Mart ammo to resell is affecting prices any because Wal Mart is going to sell that same ammo to somebody. Their contract with the ammo manufacturers has their pricing locked in I think on most of it and probably the qty.'s they can order as I am sure they would stock more if they could.

Wal Mart's prices are great on most of their ammo if you can get it. I paid $15 for 50 rounds of PPU 9mm and around $35 or $39 for 100 rounds of .380 Paid $5.99 for box of 20 really terrible .223 ammo (Tula, no brass).
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"