Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is this too much compromise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
None of that is Oneness language, that's all trinitarian language he's using. But the main thing is the Salvation area. Yes, it is true it comes by grace through faith, but your not saved unless you are born of water and the Spirit! Outside of that, your faith does you nothing towards salvation. You can't be saved by the teachings of the epistles, and most your so called Christian world doesn't understand that. So by him saying this, he's bringing confusion to people if they don't know better.
Interesting, so the objection isn't that what he is saying is false but that by omitting very important points of differentiation with Trinitarians that he is doing something wrong. Why can he not just speak truth? Why does everything he states about his beliefs have to include what differentiates him from Trinitarians?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Well since she said who it was here's the website. I wasn't going to say anything, but she chunked him out there so...

clcaustin.com/about-us

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Is this your Pastor?
I am not saying anything else about him. I am totally sick of it. The people - everyone - that does talk about him behind his back cannot hold a candle to his love and compassion. Cannot come close.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There is nothing Biblically incorrect about what is said on the website. Rather, there are things NOT said on the website, that nevertheless ARE biblically correct, and without THOSE things a visitor to the website would never think that THOSE things are believed by the church. If THOSE things are in fact believed by the church, then it amounts to a bait-and-switch. If those things are NOT believed by the church, then the church is in doctrinal error.

There is a trend these days for churches to post as little as possible about what they believe and teach on their websites. They try to appear as wide-ranging as possible, as generic as possible, in order to attract the most people and provide least possible amounts of reasons for other churches to not fellowship them. It's a marketing ploy, and it's dishonest, in my opinion.

A church that believes Jesus is the Father and the Holy Ghost should boldly proclaim it. A church that believes one must be baptised in Jesus' name and filled with the Holy Ghost, as part of regeneration, should boldly proclaim it. Failure to do so means either they don't believe it, or they are trying to fly under the radar. Either way, it's just plain wrong.
If the goal is to trick people into thinking they are a Trinitarian Church then I admit that's bait and switch and I'm very touchy about bait and switch. That said I don't think that's what is going on here. He's saying our church believes xyz, come by check us out and see if you like it. As long as he is truthful that his church believes xyz and that he is upfront about their beliefs when asked then I don't see that as a bait and switch.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Interesting, so the objection isn't that what he is saying is false but that by omitting very important points of differentiation with Trinitarians that he is doing something wrong. Why can he not just speak truth? Why does everything he states about his beliefs have to include what differentiates him from Trinitarians?
Because if you don't believe in being born of water and the Spirit you can't be Apostolic, if this is still a Apostolic church. If not it doesn't really matter.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Well since she said who it was here's the website. I wasn't going to say anything, but she chunked him out there so...

clcaustin.com/about-us
You should repent over your nasty gossip.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Because if you don't believe in being born of water and the Spirit you can't be Apostolic, if this is still a Apostolic church. If not it doesn't really matter.
Does anything on the website indicate they do not believe you must be born of the water and the Spirit?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I am not saying anything else about him. I am totally sick of it. The people - everyone - that does talk about him behind his back cannot hold a candle to his love and compassion. Cannot come close.
I didn't say anything about him. Matter of fact I never said his name and didn't intend to. I just was wondering if he is your Pastor, is all.

No one is saying anything about him, only what is being relayed on his website, and what it say's the beliefs are of the church. That's all that's in question.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Does anything on the website indicate they do not believe you must be born of the water and the Spirit?
It's not about whether or not they don't, they aren't saying they do.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
He believes that there is so much depth past Acts 2:38 and that it does a person a great disservice to quote it all the time and never move on in Christ. That is a huge deal to him.