Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Re: We're the Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I would say yes knowing they are going to eternally punished.
We might be getting into a 'tomayto, tomahto' type situation, but I wouldn't describe that as God's hatred. I believe it grieves Him to have to do so.

Regardless, thank you for the exchange, friend!
Old 05-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I still disagree. Don’t really know what I asked here but is my points...I agree to a point but there are points that god turns people over to reprobate minds that they should believe a lie. I have a hard time believing that there are not people that God hates. He burned up sodom and Gomorrah. That was God doing the killing. Was it to show his love to them? He drowned a whole world again that was God doing the killing. There are people that are in sin and then there are straight evil people. An true evil person is different from someone in sin.
Have you ever punished a child that you loved?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-16-2019, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Sinners are going to hell. And we read Christ loved us while we were yet sinners. So, how can he hate those whom he sends to hell when we read he loved those who are going to hell, seeing as sinners are going to hell?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Have you ever punished a child that you loved?
Yes but I did so they learn from it. But I’ve never pushed one off a cliff. Yes God punishes people so they will come to repentance but that was not the case in sodom nor in the case of Noah and the ark.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes but I did so they learn from it. But I’ve never pushed one off a cliff. Yes God punishes people so they will come to repentance but that was not the case in sodom nor in the case of Noah and the ark.
They are going to helll of their own accord since they walked away from Him who is life, and all they can have is death and the second death. He s trying to stop them from going.

Again, sinners are going to hell, and Christ loved us while we were sinners.

He hates sin but does not hate sinners.

Last edited by mfblume; 05-16-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They are going to helll of their own accord since they walked away from Him who is life, and all they can have is death and the second death. He s trying to stop them from going.

Again, sinners are going to hell, and Christ loved us while we were sinners.

He hates sin but does not hate sinners.
Yes he did love us when we were sinners but that doesn’t mean that God would love us no matter what. God love is not unconditional. If it was hitler would be on his way to heaven. God is the one in the Bible that sped up that process. He was done with them, over it, fed up. He was not showing them love no longer but vengeance. You don’t have vengeance on things you love. I believe once God turn last you over to a reprobate your done.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes he did love us when we were sinners but that doesn’t mean that God would love us no matter what. God love is not unconditional. If it was hitler would be on his way to heaven. God is the one in the Bible that sped up that process. He was done with them, over it, fed up. He was not showing them love no longer but vengeance. You don’t have vengeance on things you love. I believe once God turn last you over to a reprobate your done.
I believe His love is distinct from his judgment. And also I believe he puts them out of his mind when they're gone to hell as he puts our sin out of his mind when we repent. I do not see him hating people, but rather no longer minding them.

Just because Hitler is not going to be in heaven does not mean he hated Hitler. He hates the sin, not the sinner.

It's like humans can see a child go off and commit wicked sins and even be evil, but that doesn't cause the love of a parent to vanish. Seeing someone evil does not cause us to lose love.

Last edited by mfblume; 05-16-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I believe His love is distinct from his judgment. And also I believe he puts them out of his mind when they're gone to hell as he puts our sin out of his mind when we repent. I do not see him hating people, but rather no longer minding them.

Just because Hitler is not going to be in heaven does not mean he hated Hitler. He hates the sin, not the sinner.

It's like humans can see a child go off and commit wicked sins and even be evil, but that doesn't cause the love to vanish. Seeing someone evil does not cause us to lose love.
That’s good that you have a fairy tale view of God. Is God going to love the anti christ? I don’t believe God loves serial child molester that is continually raping and destroying lives of children. The sin is the person you can’t separate that kind of mind set and say “ that’s only the sin “. You aren’t ignorant of god you know better than this.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That’s good that you have a fairy tale view of God. Is God going to love the anti christ? I don’t believe God loves serial child molester that is continually raping and destroying lives of children. The sin is the person you can’t separate that kind of mind set and say “ that’s only the sin “. You aren’t ignorant of god you know better than this.
Brother, you have a edge about you that twists what people say and leans toward a harsh attitude.

God LOVES sinners and hates sin. You cannot separate the sin from the person. But the sin is not the person. I am not say that's "only sin". I am saying God hates the least sin more than we hate the most abominable sin. But you have to distinguish sin from the person. That is not to say , lest you twist THESE words now, that the sinner is bot going to hell. When you said Hitler is on his way to heaven if God loves the sinner, you twisted all I said. This has nothing to do with someone not going to hell because God loves them. The sin IS NOT the person. Paul said that sin, not himself, was the problem in his life. He said IN HIM was sin. He did not say sin was him.

Rom 7:17.. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me...

How could Paul say it was not himself but it was sin inside him that was the issue, thereby separating sin from the person if sin is the person.

Sin is the person????

That's a very distorted picture altogether.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:04 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

*ahhhh CHOO*

Sorry....Im allergic to straw.