Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I don't believe God inspired the Bible in any supernatural way.

A relationship with God and Jesus is most likely, uh, one-sided -- I'll put it that way.

Now, let me ask you: does everyone who thinks they have a relationship with God actually have a relationship with God?

And do you think it's more likely that of all the religions in the world, they are all wrong or all but one are wrong?
well being a history freak, i would say the bible has One author, but different scribes. to much history found in the world supports it.

from your second comment i take it that you really dont have a relationship, cause you feel it has been you putting everything in but getting nothing back.

I cant speak for everyones walk or their relationship with God, but i would encourage them to have a relationship with God and grow.

all the religion in the world is wrong save one. and its more about a relationship than religion
Old 07-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
all the religion in the world is wrong save one.
That's what all religions say.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That's what all religions say.
ofcourse they do, but it doesnt change the fact there is only one.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
ofcourse they do, but it doesnt change the fact there is only one.
They say that, too!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They say that, too!
ofcourse they do, but it doesnt change the fact that there is only one God, and that one God has declared all come to repentance, by believing in His Son Jesus Christ.

not many religions can say that....
Old 07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Foreverblessed, I did not know!

"see I'm agreeing with Steve on this one" And "I don't know why I'm agreeing with you today"

It sounds like we are miles apart in most things. Fill me in please!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 07-30-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

I don't know. I'm not usually a doubter. I truly do believe in miracles - how could I do anything else! But something about this one has just not felt right even from the first I heard of it. I'm sorry. There are too many variables left unanswered. It sounds far too "staged" to me. Just call me Thomas this time.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Posted by his daughter:

My Father --- WOW! (Story about Rev. JW Arnold, Pastor The Pentecostals of Gainesville)by Rocky Essex on Friday, July 29, 2011 at 9:15am
From Dena Arnold Wilson (Rev. Jeff Arnold's daughter):

Well here it goes…….last night my father was preaching a conference in Mississippi. After preaching he sat down during altar call as he started not feeling well. He had been fasting & thought perhaps he needed something to eat. He asked for someone to get him something to eat.

Last thing he remembers was he fainted & fell out of the chair. Apparently he did not have a pulse for 10-15 minutes according to the EMT…so basically he died. Then out of nowhere he opens his eyes, gets up, goes back out to the church service, grabs the microphone & says “God is a healer”.

All I can say is “YES HE IS”!!! Dad’s vital signs are fine & he says he feels great! After the church service he went out to eat with the pastor. Later he made it back to the hotel just fine. He called my mother & assured her that he is fine.

In his words "HE FEELS GREAT"! He will be traveling home today.
I am not one to judge, but....

If one of my relatives collapsed (dead or not), I'd praise God that they were able to get up again but still insist that he be taken to a hospital and thoroughly examined to ensure that there weren't any underlying issues.

I'm happy that Bro. Arnold is doing well, but I don't know if it's wise to allow him to continue to preach and then socialize after service as if nothing happened.

Just my two cents.

I'm a big fan of the International House of Prayer, Jesus Culture Music, and the Deluge Band. Check 'em out.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I don't know. I'm not usually a doubter. I truly do believe in miracles - how could I do anything else! But something about this one has just not felt right even from the first I heard of it. I'm sorry. There are too many variables left unanswered. It sounds far too "staged" to me. Just call me Thomas this time.
No not "staged" I don't believe that at all. It just does not sound like he "died for ten or fifteen minutes" to me.

I have yet to hear whether CPR was administered from the time he quit breathing and no pulse was found, until the time he regained consciousness.

If there really were real medical professionals there (and I am not doubting it) they would have checked for open airway, breathing and circulation (pulse). This process can be done in 30 sec by someone accustomed to doing it. If breathing and circulation were not present, they would have administered full CPR for the fifteen minutes he was said to be dead. This should be easily verifiable and witnessed by everyone present. If this did not occur then it must be assumed he was breathing or had other signs of life in spite of him fainting and going unresponsive.

It's one thing to not find a pulse - I know a couple people who you can't get a pulse on when they are conscious and alert. It's quite another thing to claim someone wasn't breathing for ten or fifteen minutes.

So.... since we have a hundred visitors checking this thread out, can someone please post a video of the event?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 07-30-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
A lot of people on this forum really throw out a lot of foolish and untrue accusations. I don't know one single Pentecostal that would denie a miracle because of someone's denominational affiliation. ...!

Back in the nineteen sixties many folks were receiving the Holy Ghost Baptism and remaining in their denominational churches. This was a source of confusion to us oneness pentecostals because: they did not come to us to receive the experience and we thought we had the exclusive franchise; they remained Roman Catholic, Methodist, or whatever; women continued to wear makeup, jewelry, and pants. We couldn't say they were sinners because God had baptized them in His Spirit and we couldn't say they were saved or born again because they didn't come to our church, they weren't baptized right, and they didn't dress right