Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Any other public references made concerning res 4?

I wonder if secular or Christian media will run staories about it? I am glad there was no big "walk-out" from the floor - that would likely have generated bad press.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymis View Post
And I was on a roll ..... and you go and apologize ....... kill joy..
LOL. Sorry (again!). But I was wrong and needed your nudge to get me to review the thread and see where I had made the mix up.

I do the same thing in getting my kids mixed up sometimes... I think I'm loosing "it" (as if I ever had "it" to begin with). Of course, my children are not nearly so forgiving.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Traveling the Road of Infraction ......

Quote:
WHERE did I make such an admittance?

Are we hearing voices now?
BUT just so you will know -- I have met both men in question.

several times .......

and it was NOT on TV ......
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Traveling the Road of Infraction ......

Quote:
WHERE did I make such an admittance?

Are we hearing voices now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
LOL. Sorry (again!). But I was wrong and needed your nudge to get me to review the thread and see where I had made the mix up.

I do the same thing in getting my kids mixed up sometimes... I think I'm loosing "it" (as if I ever had "it" to begin with). Of course, my children are not nearly so forgiving.
Seems we have a bit in common ..... but you are still a bit behind .... because you only "Think" you are loosing it ........ I am at the convinced stage .........
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
God's Son

Remeber the guy in the 1970's who sang I'll Be There, Before the Next Teardrop Falls?

Different guy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Anyone know anything about Fender? I thought he was a guitar.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Remeber the guy in the 1970's who sang I'll Be There, Before the Next Teardrop Falls?

Different guy....
You just hadta go there, didn't you????

[YT="The Fender Guy"]7x2GExMUMlo[/YT]
Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone know anything about Fender?

I have been to both SF and KP's churches a few times each and just from those observations, I would not put SF in the same category as KP. The messages and altar calls that I heard at SF's church were very much along the lines of come say the sinners prayer and the holy ghost is an added gift you can get. That is not the case at KP's church which for the most part I have found still to be pretty strong at emphasizing repentance, baptism and Holy Ghost infilling. Although I did attend a youth event hosted by KP's church a few years ago where they were praying with the youth in a repeat the sinners prayer type manner, but that is not the norm of what I have seen there.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Administrator

PentecostalAlive,

I understand from your perspective that is how you see things. However it is a shame your judgement is clouded in my opinon.

KP was my pastor for over 16 years and I can tell you that there is no bigger proponent of Acts 2:38 3 step salvation in the world.

What you guys don't like is that he did not uphold your cookie cutter extra biblical legalism nor the uncut hair doctrine for women, etc.

KP is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and he would be the first one to tell you that. However he has worked tirelessly to spread the Acts 2 message. Today is his 68th birthday I believe and I will tell you that in my 48 years of being around Oneness Pentecost I do not know a single person who has devoted any more of their time and energy to the Acts 2 message.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
"The jewels?" The only "gem" you've offered was to impugn the integrity of a man you admit to never having met. When questioned about that you fold up like a cheap lawn chair. You couldn't even answer a direct question about the basis of your accusation.

And what you call "jewels?" Psalm 52:4
Pel,

You need to recalibrate your calipers...

You mistook "didn't" for "couldn't."

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Sounded pretty good to me.

I would like to know more about Fender.

Bump for Stephen......

http://www.livingwaychurchsa.org/