Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Re: Will drinking beer send you to hell?

I’ve done very little drinking in my life. What drinking I did was many years ago. I have no experience being drunk. I tasted beer one time and thought it tasted awful. And, it seems to me that in many cases, it is the innocent that suffer. The wives and children etc.. So I’m not taking up for alcohol, but in the spirit of the original post, I’ll quote this . . .

Judg.9

[13] And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?

And . . .

Pss.4

[7] Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.

I can’t in good conscience condemn what scripture allows, but I don’t drink, and I would be disappointed if my children did.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:48 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Where is it prohibited to drink wine to be happy?

Looks like David didn't think so.

And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
Psalms 104:15 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/psa.104.15.KJV

Nope...cant be happy unless Jesus is directly involved...thems the rules...anything else is carnality...thats why church folks are so serious bout praying over their food because the way some of us eat, that prayer is the Godliest event at that meal.

If praying over my food sanctifies it no matter what I eat and how much, could the same be said of other substances? Or just cause we pray over it does it mean God approves and blesses no matter what?
Old 02-25-2020, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The interesting thing is that some church people push mental health treatment and drugs, but would judge a saint for having a glass of wine. Huh???
I actually mentioned wine in the depression thread, and it drew no response.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Where is it prohibited to drink wine to be happy?

Looks like David didn't think so.

And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
Psalms 104:15 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/psa.104.15.KJV
[Pro 23:29-32 NKJV] 29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? 30 Those who linger long at the wine, Those who go in search of mixed wine. 31 Do not look on the wine when it is red, When it sparkles in the cup, [When] it swirls around smoothly; 32 At the last it bites like a serpent, And stings like a viper.

[Pro 31:4-7 NKJV] 4 [It is] not for kings, O Lemuel, [It is] not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5 Lest they drink and forget the law, And pervert the justice of all the afflicted. 6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7 Let him drink and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more.

The standard to not drinking wine is a tradition, a good tradition, we teach, because through out the bible, even though it doesn't condemn it, it does discourage it.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

On a non religious stand point I’d rather see people smoking weed than drinking..... you don’t hear about a guy smoking weed and going home and beating his wife... or a guy in jail that says I was high on weed and killed the man but don’t remember it....... I think they will both send you to the same place but alcohol is destructive.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
When you go into the tabernacle of meeting.....
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
Old 02-25-2020, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
I'm so confused by this thread. Are we answering the question about drinking beer sending folks to hell? Or are we answering a question about best practices?
That's how AFF runs
Old 02-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Funny how you all will go to the Old Testament to prove drinking is ok and then we can change the subject to tithes and you will say it’a abolished since it was in the Old Testament.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Funny how you all will go to the Old Testament to prove drinking is ok and then we can change the subject to tithes and you will say it’a abolished since it was in the Old Testament.
Oh no, don't let the thread change topics, let's keep the fun.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Oh no, don't let the thread change topics, let's keep the fun.
Hahahah!