Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
NOT witholding support but using ANOTHER venue to send it through. There is a difference although some feel anything outside the 'grand ole lady' is witholding. The venue this official is sending his money through won't be sticking their hands in the til taking money away from the purported designated money. ALL the money designated goes where it si designated isn't that an odd concept??????????? Sending the money to where is was taken up for instead of some official's NEED.

Nice answer. Missing several key elements, but a nice answer nonetheless.

BTW, does that other "venue" provide a way for health insurance, travel, communication, etc to be provided for?

Do you really not understand that with a Foreign Mission program the size of that of the UPCI that there are indeed some administrative expenses? Do you think this other "venue" could operate on the same level and still send 100% of the offerings to the missionary?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
NOT witholding support but using ANOTHER venue to send it through. There is a difference although some feel anything outside the 'grand ole lady' is witholding. The venue this official is sending his money through won't be sticking their hands in the til taking money away from the purported designated money. ALL the money designated goes where it si designated isn't that an odd concept??????????? Sending the money to where is was taken up for instead of some official's NEED.
Well this is somewhat reassuring that they're still supporting the missionary.

There have always been those who sent $$$ support straight to the missionary bypassing HQ but in reality the missionary is supposed to report all offerings and money given to them.

So in one way sending money independent of going through proper channels is causing the missionary to sin.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:

i think many are starting to funnel money through different channels from what I've heard
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Well this is somewhat reassuring that they're still supporting the missionary.

There have always been those who sent $$$ support straight to the missionary bypassing HQ but in reality the missionary is supposed to report all offerings and money given to them.

So in one way sending money independent of going through proper channels is causing the missionary to sin.
What's the big deal about integority?

Honestly, I am not saying the FM does not have problems that need to be solved. I personally find it wrong for a man to hold a position in the UPCI and directly violate a policy of the UPCI. JMO.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
i think many are starting to funnel money through different channels from what I've heard
Oh there are Thad...there are those who collect money for FM and send it themselves paying the wire transfer fees out of their own pocket!!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post

Honestly, I am not saying the FM does not have problems that need to be solved. I personally find it wrong for a man to hold a position in the UPCI and directly violate a policy of the UPCI. JMO.
I'm with you Bro.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Agreed but not all hold to this viewpoint. There are different interpretations of what integrity means.

Look ..... the bottom line is nothing is perfect. Nothing! But I can say from experience that UPCI FMD is one of the best things going. You be in some of these other organizations or an "independent" and you find this out REAL quick.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Nice answer. Missing several key elements, but a nice answer nonetheless.

BTW, does that other "venue" provide a way for health insurance, travel, communication, etc to be provided for?

Do you really not understand that with a Foreign Mission program the size of that of the UPCI that there are indeed some administrative expenses? Do you think this other "venue" could operate on the same level and still send 100% of the offerings to the missionary?
It matters nothing if they are going to take those benefits aways from vetran missionaries in the stage of their life they need them? I am not saying their are not administrative expenses however men send it as administrative expenses instead of MISAPPROPRIATING designated monies. Embezzlement in the Name of the Lord. I wonder how many saints would give for their money to be used as administrative expenses?????? And yes it could be operated for any size using this method.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Like I said ..... it puts the missionary on the spot. Although I guess he could still report the funds that came in from Bro. So and So and then it would be up to FM dept. heads or the DS to deal with the erring pastors???

Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Agreed but not all hold to this viewpoint. There are different interpretations of what integrity means.

Look ..... the bottom line is nothing is perfect. Nothing! But I can say from experience that UPCI FMD is one of the best things going. You be in some of these other organizations or an "independent" and you find this out REAL quick.
Very true. Let anyone name me one organization the size of the UPCI that is doing more for the cause of Foreign Missions.
Closed Thread