Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

'Gay'-rights leader quits homosexuality

This article is a must read for all Christians and Homosexuals...sadly it will probably be swept under the rug.

He was a rising star in the "gay rights" movement, but Michael Glatze now declares not only has he given up activism – he's no longer a homosexual.

Glatze – who had become a frequent media source as founding editor of Young Gay America magazine – tells the story of his transformation in an exclusive column published today by WND.

Although Glatze cut himself off from the homosexual community about a year and a half ago, he says the column likely will surprise some people.
"This will actually be news to anybody I used to relate to," he told WND.
The radical change in his life, Glatze recalls, began with inner "promptings" he now attributes to God.

"I hope I can share my story," he said. "I feel strongly God has put me here for a reason. Even in the darkest days of late-night parties, substance abuse and all kinds of things – when I felt like, 'Why am I here, what am I doing?' – there was always a voice there.
"I didn't know what to call it, or if I could trust it, but it said 'hold on.'"

For the rest of the story:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=56481

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.

Last edited by Tina; 08-03-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: *copyright
Old 07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

More Quotes

Soon, I began to understand things I'd never known could possibly be real, such as the fact that I was leading a movement of sin and corruption – which is not to sound as though my discovery was based on dogma, because decidedly it was not.

I came to the conclusions on my own.

It became clear to me, as I really thought about it – and really prayed about it – that homosexuality prevents us from finding our true self within. We cannot see the truth when we're blinded by homosexuality. We believe, under the influence of homosexuality, that lust is not just acceptable, but a virtue. But there is no homosexual "desire" that is apart from lust.

In denial of this fact, I'd fought to erase such truth at all costs, and participated in the various popular ways of taking responsibility out of human hands for challenging the temptations of lust and other behaviors. I was sure – thanks to culture and world leaders – that I was doing the right thing.

Driven to look for truth, because nothing felt right, I looked within. Jesus Christ repeatedly advises us not to trust anybody other than Him. I did what He said, knowing that the Kingdom of God does reside in the heart and mind of every man.
What I discovered – what I learned – about homosexuality was amazing. How I'd first "discovered" homosexual desires back in high school was by noticing that I looked at other guys. How I healed, when it became decidedly clear that I should – or risk hurting more people – is that I paid attention to myself.

Every time I was tempted to lust, I noticed it, caught it, dealt with it. I called it what it was, and then just let it disappear on its own. A huge and vital difference exists between superficial admiration – of yourself, or others – and integral admiration. In loving ourselves fully, we no longer need anything from the "outside" world of lustful desire, recognition from others, or physical satisfaction. Our drives become intrinsic to our very essence, unbridled by neurotic distractions.
Homosexuality allows us to avoid digging deeper, through superficiality and lust-inspired attractions – at least, as long as it remains "accepted" by law. As a result, countless miss out on their truest self, their God-given Christ-self.

In my experience, "coming out" from under the influence of the homosexual mindset was the most liberating, beautiful and astonishing thing I've ever experienced in my entire life.

Lust takes us out of our bodies, "attaching" our psyche onto someone else's physical form. That's why homosexual sex – and all other lust-based sex – is never satisfactory: It's a neurotic process rather than a natural, normal one. Normal is normal – and has been called normal for a reason.
Abnormal means "that which hurts us, hurts normal." Homosexuality takes us out of our normal state, of being perfectly united in all things, and divides us, causing us to forever pine for an outside physical object that we can never possess. Homosexual people – like all people – yearn for the mythical true love, which does actually exist. The problem with homosexuality is that true love only comes when we have nothing preventing us from letting it shine forth from within. We cannot fully be ourselves when our minds are trapped in a cycle and group-mentality of sanctioned, protected and celebrated lust.

God came to me when I was confused and lost, alone, afraid and upset. He told me – through prayer – that I had nothing at all to be afraid of, and that I was home; I just needed to do a little house cleaning in my mind.
I believe that all people, intrinsically, know the truth. I believe that is why Christianity scares people so much. It reminds them of their conscience, which we all possess.
Conscience tells us right from wrong and is a guide by which we can grow and become stronger and freer human beings. Healing from sin and ignorance is always possible, but the first thing anyone must do is get out of the mentalities that divide and conquer humanity.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=56487

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Wow...this guy has a powerful revelation that I think many heterosexual Christians lack

Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Ronzo

I agree, Prax
Old 07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

See folks outside of our circles can experience things from God ,God honors faith.I rejoice in the delieverance these folks have found.I pray that they discover further light.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 PM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Wow...this guy has a powerful revelation that I think many heterosexual Christians lack
He sure does. His writing reminds me of Rich Mullins. Totally open, totally humble, and ready to help others see what he's seen.

Boy howdy! Just a few more people in prominent positions in the enemy's camps like this man, with their sincere hearts popping the scales from their eyes . . . . can you say, 'end-time revival?'

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
That is a wonderful testimony, and in the same week that the leftist media produced the poll that most Americans don't believe this very thing is possible. He certainly seems to have understanding as to the motive behind this sinful behavior. Yes, heterosexuals could learn from him, because all sexual misconduct is lust based, instead of normal.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Go Dodgers!

This is partially the flawed thinking of the naturalist/evolutionist movement that does not see man as a moral being made in God's own image but rather as an animal.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
the ultracon

..and in our "movement" we have men who think highly of themselves that do not believe that this man has anything with God and that he will in time surely return to his lifestyle.

We are blessed with men in our "movement' who think if a stray thought ever crosses this man's mind again he is lost "as two boys kissing"

How do we get such enlightened men of God in "our movement"????

We so limit the life changing power of God, with our ignorance of God.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
..and in our "movement" we have men who think highly of themselves that do not believe that this man has anything with God and that he will in time surely return to his lifestyle.

We are blessed with men in our "movement' who think if a stray thought ever crosses this man's mind again he is lost "as two boys kissing"

How do we get such enlightened men of God in "our movement"????

We so limit the life changing power of God, with our ignorance of God.
Wow.. Free, what a revelation... there are humans with human reasoning and prejudices in "our movement".

Just in case you weren't aware of it, they have these same kind of folks in "other movements" as well. Heaven forbid... I guess those movements are made up of humans too.

This is a great story and your asinine comments detracted greatly from it.