Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Voted On And Passed By General Board This Morning!

General Board Meeting Update
As most of you are aware the General Board is presently in there annual meetings in Hazelwood. There have been two issues I believe will be of interest to the fellowship that have been voted on and passed that I will share.

I will briefly mention both in this thread. However, I will start an individual thread for each of the issues so they can be discussed.

If there is a GB member who sees an error in these post please correct me. I am posting what was relayed to me by GB members who have stated that it would be OK to post these updates.

1. Due to the cost that is involved with hosting General Conference and the fact that WEC has been loosing money as a result of these cost, the General Board has voted to charge $25.00 per person to attend GC. Everyone must register and you will receive a badge that must be shown in order to enter the arena. This includes everyone, not just ministers.

Resolution 6. The committee, chaired by Bro. G.R. Travis, who was given the responsibility to study the UPCI allowing the use of TV for advertising has decided to do the following. This decision was approved by the GB.

They will have ten brethren, five who are for the use of TV and five who are against, each write an article why they are in favor, or opposed, that will be published in upcoming issues of the Forward.

There will be an insert put into the last forward sent out before GC which will allow EVERY MINISTER WHO HOLDS A LICENSE to vote for or against the use of TV for advertising. This insert will have to be mailed back in before conference. This of course is not an official vote. It is just a vote to let those who are voting at the conference to hear the voice of the entire fellowship. The result of this vote will be given at GC before the actual vote.

Also included in the forward will be studies made by the committee of other religious denominations who have used TV for the purpose of evangelism. This study will outline the effects that was made on there denominations as a result of it's use.

This same committee will write another resolution, which will also spell out exactly what advertising means, and submit it to the resolution committee for a vote at this years GC in Tampa.

I would personally like to commend Bro. Travis and this committee for the work they have done regarding this issue. From everything I have heard from those who are both for and against, they have worked together in an unbiased way.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 AM

This is all true.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 AM

The only exception I see is that under 18 will not be charged a registration fee.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
This is all true.
Dear friekishly moderate! LOL I love that line!
Of course it s true...! LOL

What do you think....Im THAD?! LOL
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Dear friekishly moderate! LOL I love that line!

What do you think....Im THAD?! LOL
I admire the accuracy, Dan.

Doesn't seem like anyone is very interested in this little bit of news though.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

NLYP....

Will you be asked to write one of the letters on the TV resolution?

If so will you be for or against.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
My Family!

I will comment.

I think it sounds like someone is using their brain. Great idea to present both sides and send out a vote to everyone.

Charging for attendance will be a burr for some, but I understand why they are doing it. Any other conference you attend charges registration.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
NLYP....

Will you be asked to write one of the letters on the TV resolution?

If so will you be for or against.
I sure would!

Buit I would come on out and say it....forget the advertising.....Lets Start PREACHING ON IT!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Pastor P.

What do you suspect they will find in reviewing what others have experienced by advertising via hell box

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
Pastor P.

What do you suspect they will find in reviewing what others have experienced by advertising via hell box
It would seem if one were to advertise via hell box then they would reach some hellions.

Isn't that the desired audience?