Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
My take: if you bring personal situations to a public forum, things like this are bound to happen, because not everyone knows the details, and everyone has the right (and propensity) to comment, whether they know the whole situation or not.

There is no need for the condescension because Carp didn't know Darcie & DA are siblings! Apart from that small gaffe, I think his comments were okay....provocative, but not terribly rude or out of line, especially considering DA's publicly presented and commonly known philosophies and beliefs.

Personally, I think its kind of silly to have an intimate conversation on a public forum, and then protect one another from commentary like those reading shouldn't have had an opinion. Take it to PM, or let it be public fodder. You can't have it both ways.

In my opinion, Darcie was persnickety in her first little comment to Rico, saying, "Exactly, Rico, you don't know...." (Or it seemed that way to me.) If we don't know...then fill us in? If its private, then keep it that way. Or put a warning at the beginning of the thread to "Read, but Don't Comment Unless You Know All the Details."

DA, you're blunt and rough, so you shouldn't get mad when its returned to you, and Carp didn't attack your sister...he challenged what you posted, therefore you weren't defending her in your posts. (Or, if you were, there was no need for it.)

And are you really going to stick with the idea that you expect folks to tread lightly around your family? Your sister can gain her own respect. It works better that way.

Silliness. :shifty
It wasn't "intimate." It was more like, "Way to be, that's great..." To me it seemed like someone had a gripe against Dan and jumped in with a "there you go again" type of statement.

The stuff about the Bectons was unhelpful and evidence of an a priori critical mindset.

I think if Dan gets on your nerves then you should take him to task on the specifics. In this case it turned out the specifics didn't warrant taking Dan to task. But still we must slap him around because we demand that Dan be the exemplar of virtue while we try and placate those who want to see more slapping around?

But in the end, you are correct, "silliness."
Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Ya know ... all this time I thought you were a counselor.
Are they only a counselor if their counsel is counsel that pleases you?:hypercoffee:snapout

Sorry for the deception!:pirate
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
It wasn't "intimate." It was more like, "Way to be, that's great..." To me it seemed like someone had a gripe against Dan and jumped in with a "there you go again" type of statement.

The stuff about the Bectons was unhelpful and evidence of an a priori critical mindset.

I think if Dan gets on your nerves then you should take him to task on the specifics. In this case it turned out the specifics didn't warrant taking Dan to task. But still we must slap him around because we demand that Dan be the exemplar of virtue while we try and placate those who want to see more slapping around?

I never once said that Dan gets on my nerves. I happen to like Dan. A little bit. :heeheehee

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I never once said that Dan gets on my nerves. I happen to like Dan. A little bit. :heeheehee
God can help you through this. I'm sure of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ya know ... all this time I thought you were a counselor.
Get over it means FORGIVE and FORGET. :girlpopcorn
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Get over it means FORGIVE and FORGET. :girlpopcorn
Thanks, maestra.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Not you, I meant in general. :)
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks, maestra.
And what does that mean? In English please? :bubble
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

What planet do you post on? If this was the expectation of DA he would be a miserable failure as would be we all.

As for the Becton comment and a pirori critical mindset, that goes both ways. I believe the implication that Darcie and her sweet family "moving into grace", an implication that they were leaving that which was not grace, prompted the Becton/Apostolic comment. If it was the result of the priori critical mindset it was prompted by the mirror image in the typical tone of DA's posts.

In my opinion this is offsetting penalties and we should replay the down!:D
Old 10-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
In my opinion this is offsetting penalties and we should replay the down!:D
What a worldly analogy! I am highly disappointed.