Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk and Talk View Post
No, I don't mind. We had a high speed head-on auto accident.

October 18, 2003, my wife and I took a prayer drive. We had recently stood before the Lord to express our desire to once again be vessels for His use. On that drive, 12 miles south of Republic WA on a highway, in our one year old small car, we had a truck come into our lane and hit us head-on. Being very remote, it took awhile for the medics to get to us. The police treated the scene as a fatality scene because of the mess, and not knowing if we would live.

We were air-lifted to a trauma center in Spokane WA. Our injuries were many, but the hospital only wanted to deal with the orthopedic needs because they did not know if we had enough insurance to pay for all the care we really needed. My wife had one surgery, and I had two. We were in the hospital for 18 days.

Our complete story is found as a link at http://www.genext.net/~mandlgaul - you will see the accident testimony link about a third of the way down the page. The car pictures are found in the menu to the left of the main page. I have not been able to get into the website to update things since last May -- sorry.

We lost everything because of the accident: our health, our finances, our car, our home, our income --- BUT, we still had each other and the Lord.

In the last four years we have seen miracle after miracle as the Lord has supernaturally met all our material needs. Our marriage is stronger than ever; our relationship with the Lord is stronger than ever; our faith is stronger than ever. While in the natural, it seems my age and snowballing physical problems will prevent me from ever being back in the ministry (formerly a pastor, chaplain, missionary), our faith and expectations are centered in Jesus and His Word -- thus we are believing for continued healing and opportunities to be His vessels for His glory.

Walk
Wow! That car is a mess!! Thank God you are alive and doing as well as you are! I am happy God has provided for you financially. I admire your courage and fortitude. Ironically, Oct. 18th is my birthday.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

This diet is for high cholesterol and we are just starting to try it. My husband saw a nutritionist who said the same thing this book says:

From The Liver Cleansing Diet by Sandra Cabot, M.D.

1 A high fiber diet (the nutritionist said use supplements if you cannot get high fiber.)

2. Lecithin 3-4 T of fresh lecithin granules or 4000 mg of caspules.

3. 1000 to 4000 mg of vitamin C daily.

4. 10 glasses of water.

5. Garlic 2000-4000 mg daily or eat fresh garlic and onions daily.

6. Talk to your dr about using B3 (niacin) 500mg to 2000 mg daily.

She says 99% of people can control cholesterol by diet. My husband came back with high cholesterol tests and we are going to try this and then have him retake the tests.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Wow! That car is a mess!! Thank God you are alive and doing as well as you are! I am happy God has provided for you financially. I admire your courage and fortitude. Ironically, Oct. 18th is my birthday.
I'm unable to view the pics. I just have a purple page to look at.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Walk'n and Talk'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I'm unable to view the pics. I just have a purple page to look at.
The spring in the engine area is from the truck that hit us.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

WAT,

When you mentioned about financial miracles, I think of my husband getting cancer lately and going through radiation. At first, my husband was thinking we may end up declaring bankruptcy, but his company has a program where people can donate PTO time for time off. My husband has been off of work for 6 weeks so far and we have yet to miss a paycheck!! This has been such a Godsend. I get tears in my eyes every time I think about it. My husband had only been at this job about 6 months when this happened. Also his Mom gave us some money to help with out of pocket expenses that our insurance won't cover. I am so thankful. We thought at first that this might take our dreams away from us....yet again.....(if you know my story, you will understand) but it looks like that is not going to happen. Thank God! \O/

Old 12-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Walk'n and Talk'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
WAT,

When you mentioned about financial miracles, I think of my husband getting cancer lately and going through radiation. At first, my husband was thinking we may end up declaring bankruptcy, but his company has a program where people can donate PTO time for time off. My husband has been off of work for 6 weeks so far and we have yet to miss a paycheck!! This has been such a Godsend. I get tears in my eyes every time I think about it. My husband had only been at this job about 6 months when this happened. Also his Mom gave us some money to help with out of pocket expenses that our insurance won't cover. I am so thankful. We thought at first that this might take our dreams away from us....yet again.....(if you know my story, you will understand) but it looks like that is not going to happen. Thank God! \O/
Good testimony. Praise the Lord for His care for you two.
I will keep you on my prayer list: For your husband's healing; for continued and abundant provision for all your needs, and that the Lord will use all these circumstances (past and present) for His glory, and the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Anyone take Glucosamine and Chondroitin for joints? Anyone take anything else? I know to drink lots of water.
I take glucosamine, works!
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

I heard a great late Elder say " I will let the cow eat the alfalfa and I will eat the cow." Worked for him. He said I get all my vegetables in a medium rare steak with fries.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
It can hurt you. High doses can cause kidney stones. I doubt a once or twice super high dose to keep a cold away would do it, but it really all depends how sensitive you are to it. Just something to keep in mind. Moderation in all things.....
Mind if I ask where did get the info high doses of C cause stones?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Mind if I ask where did get the info high doses of C cause stones?
I knew someone was going to ask me for that. lol All those links were a few years ago on another computer..I'll see what I can come up with later.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message